Spots on Clothes After Washing

Sometimes after doing a load of laundry, I'll notice spots on some of the clothes that weren't there when I put them in. Unfortunately, I don't notice the spots until after they've gone through the dryer, too. They look like grease spots, and I'm sure I'm the only one doing the cooking around here. :) Any idea what this is and how to get it out?

Thanks for all the great responses! Looks like to culprit may be the dryer sheets since I already stopped using liquid fabric softener when I first noticed the spots. I'll take those out of the mix and try to pretreat the spots.

Go to HEB and on the detergent isle look on the top shelf and you will see small yellow bottles with white caps. Theyare about 2.50 a bottle and the one for gease is a must to have. It really works just put some on the spot and let it sit a while and then wash with other items and presto the stain is gone. Love this product.

I have experienced this before. Usually the stains come out but takes several washes. I think it comes from the fabric softner. I started diluting it with water. It still does it's job and I dont have the spots.

I had the same problem!!!! Fortunately, my Mom came to the rescue. She put those clothes with spots to soak in water with lots of pinesol. Yes, Pinesol. Sfter a while, we threw them to wash and they came out spotless. I now use pinesol to wash my laundry, especially whites. You just have to add it to the load with your regular soap. Or what I do with my whites is, I first wash them with just pinesol and leave them soaking for a while. Then I wassh them a second time with regular soap. Also, make sure you always put the water with the soap first in the washer, then add your clothes.
Hope it works!!!!

You can also first scrub the spots first with the lysol alone instead of soaking them. It has worked great for me and several friends I have told.

If it's the liquid fabric softener or fabric sheets, the spots should come out on the next wash. Another culprit not mentioned previously could be if you have a Kenmore Front Loader washer- they are notorious for having the ball bearings break down and grease gets on the clothes from that. That also means it is the beginning of the end of that machine. I'm sure it can happen with other front loaders also but I have just had the expereince w/ the Kenmore. Good luck!

Yes, liquid fabric softener. It doesn't do it too all the clothes and fabrics just some. What I do is wait until the rinse water has filled the washer and then add the fabric softener. Its a pain but it's worth not having those spots!!

It could very well be little grease spots from eating or cooking. Or it could be residue from liquid fabric softener or detergent that doesn't wash all the way out. I don't use fabric softener or liquid detergent, so I know mine comes from grease.

I use Shout spray or the bottle with the brush. Put a little on there and re-wash. I have found with Shout you can pre-treat and it doesn't fade your clothes before you wash them.

I used to use Spray-and-Wash for stains, but I ended up ruining too many clothes because I would pre-treat. By the time I got it in the wash, the Spray-and-Wash had faded the fabric on the area I treated. I have not had this problem with Shout.

The spots may be caused by liquid fabric softener.

i love the products that Shout puts out. It gets weird stains out that I have no idea what they are. I usually leave the shout on the fabric overnight or for several hours. The bottle says not to but I did! Also if your using a powder based ( no liquid ) laundary soap you need to let the powder and water mix up before putting clothes in the wash. I learned that the hard way...used liquid all my life but switched in recent years. Hope you find your answer.

I'm not sure what it is. Check your washer and dryer maybe even wipe the inside down. If you have dried them in the dryer the stain may not come out the heat has a tendency to set the stain in. If not wisk works really well on grease and many other stains if pretreated before washing. Hope this helps.

1 / 3