Spot Cleaning Toys

A lot of the toys my son has, mainly stuffed animals, requires you to spot clean only. Does anybody have any good idea's on how to do this effectively?

If it's an electric toy (love/hate those), rug/upholstery cleaner and a brush and water. They can get wet, just not submerged. One of my son's favorite "friends" is a talking Stitch doll. PIA.

The rest of his stuffed friends we just throw in the washing machine, regardless of what they say...and dry on low. (We had a melting accident with one of his friends who got tossed into the dryer on medium...fortunately my son likes the "punk" look on that one, and it was only one).

I've heard some good tips and tricks over the years (washing them inside a zippered pillowcase or putting band-aids over the eyes) but everyone i know, just throws them into the machine.

I wash all stuffed animals in the washing machine anyway. I put them inside a pillow case and wash on the gentle cycle. We've never had any trouble.

same as everyone else has said - i wash on the gentle cycle with baby detergent but i just stick them on the dryer until they are dry, i dont put them in :)

To this day I can still see my sister's stuffed bunny going around and around in the dryer. My mom washed all the stuffed animals in the washing machine and then dried them in the dryer.

With all the spit up, juice and milk spills, toys get gross. Unless it has mechanical parts (a battery compartment) I DO throw the toys in the washing machine on gentle cycle. If it is just a stuffed animal or fabric toy, I put it in the dryer, too. Otherwise I let it air dry.
Never had a problem with anything falling apart in 3 and a half years.

My rule is: If it's not washable it's not made for a baby! ;)

I know, I'm the worst mom on the planet. I throw everything into the washer....on a super gentle cycle, if need be and everything turns out fine....including stuffed animals, bean bag pillows, etc. I wash them on warm and try it on low. The chenille things need to be washed gently and dried on low for aout 10 minutes and then pulled out to dry on their own, or not at all. If you dry them on medium, it balls the chenille up.

1 / 3