Sports for 3 Almost 4 Yrs Old??

Hello there I am not originally from this area and I was wondering if anyone new of any kind of sports teams(tee ball, football, soccer) availabale for my 3 almost 4yr old son?
He loves sports and if no one can help it's going to be a LONGGG summer...lol

My daughter has been playing soccer since she was 3 years old and loves it! Look for the "lil' Kicker's" team.

There is soccer that starts in the fall where 4 year olds can play (Pickerington Area Soccer Association). Try the Y or call the Pickerington Parks and Rec.to see about classes or sports for kids his age. He should be old enough for swim lessons at one of the local pools once they open up.
:) C.

If you live in Canal, once your son turn 4 he can play soccer through the Canal Rec center. All my kids were involved and love it.

Call a local YMCA and ask them if any of their sports are allowed for boys that age. It's a great time to call because they have lots of summer sports. My daughter started playing teeball at 4. She loved it. My son played baseball and football through the YMCA at age 4 and although had no idea what he was doing then, he loved it too.

Sports ohio offers soccor for kids your son's age. Most of the local parks and rec centers offer a variety of classes for children. However they want kids to be 5 or over for teeball. The have and inroduction to sports class, soccer, and gymnastics. The last registration period was last week. Also they should be offering another swimming session at the aquatics center and that should be comming up next week.

Hello,
I babysit for a four year old who play's basketball at the YMCA. She goes every Saturday morning. Check there, they may have something for your little one. T.

I am not from Streetsboro, by since where we live doesn't offer anything for three year olds, we signed my daughters up for gymnastics with the Streetsboro Parks & Rec dept. Last week they gave us a flier with upcoming activities, and they have soccer for three year olds. I wish we could attend, however it is on Monday nights and we just wouldn't be able to pull that off on a Monday.

I have no idea where Lithopolis is, except that it is nowhere near me!! lol

If you have no luck with finding organized sports, you could try inviting another child over so they can play catch, kick a soccer ball around, do mini golf, run around at the park, etc.

If you feel really inspired you could organize a mini "Olympics" at your house, with races, jumping, throwing, etc.

You might consider exposing him to other stuff besides sports, e.g. summer "reading" program at the library (you'll be doing the reading, to him, but it's still good for him), classes at your local arts center (if there is one nearby), or Kindermusik. You might end up meeting other moms and kids at those places that you could invite over. He might also find new interests.

Our YMCA in Ashtabula has what they call "Day Camp" where the kids go on field trips and do swimming lessons in the pool there. It's aimed toward the children in their child care center, but open to other kids as well. You don't have to go every day, you can pick,say, all Tuesdays, etc. Maybe yours has a similar program.

Does anyone in your neighborhood have kids the same age as yours or a little older? Ask them. Good conversation starter.

Other moms have given you good suggestions. It's tough being new in town (been there, done that). Good luck to you!

K. Z.

:) C.

1 / 3