Sports Buttons Ideas

My 7 year old is in a lot of sports and dance and everytime she has her pictures taken I order a button with her picture also. I used to tape them to a picture frame but I've now ran out of room. Does anyone have any creative ideas for displaying them without ruining them as buttons? Any ideas would be great!

My daughter has a pin collection so I think the display we used would be perfect for sports buttons.

I took a large piece of polar fleece (great because you don't have to hem in) and looped it over a wooden dowel rod and fastened with safety pins on the back. Then hang the dowel rod on the wall as a display. It works great because 1)no sew and simple 2) can choose whatever polar fleece that suits an interest maybe a multi-sports piece 3) Can choose the size of polar fleece to accomadate the number of buttons 4) no-sew means it can be taken apart if/when in needs to be without damage to the material, dowel rod, or buttons.
Like another response said, it would be great for a graduation party.

How about a wide piece of ribbon and attach it to a wall, closet door or similar? This way they could be grouped according to sport/activity or have them in order according to date? Just my thoughts. H.

The one thing that comes to mind for me is maybe make a banner that is divided in years and put the pins on it. Or have it shaped like a pennant team flag with her name on it and maybe have a couple of them for the activity she is in if it is soccer or dance.
Good luck!!!

Craft and fabric stores sell strips of velcro that have a sticky side. You could get some of that, stick it to the back of the pin (it'll come off when you want it to) and put them around the frame of a large bulletin board where you keep all your family communications and notes. Or maybe around the frame of one of those large montly calendars.

Maybe a cork board or a peg board?

I used a long piece of wide ribbon and hung it from the cealing or top of the wall. It reached to the to the floor. As each sport or year passed I added the buttons to the ribbon. It was a great thing to display at their high school graduation party.

Might not work if you have tons of buttons but I put them on the visor in our van. That way I can see them every time we go somewhere and other people can comment on them as well.
Another idea would be to put them in the slots used for Christmas cards/pictures. (I've seen them in catalogs and scrap booking books). My sister in law has one hanging over her door filled with pictures. I always enjoy looking at them when we visit. Good luck to you!

pin them to a big spinning globe or get a wall hanging blanket or quilt and pin them on that.

if you have a tv stand, or above your cupboards in the kitchen (avoiding the oven area for splatters) - or someplace even along the ceiling in her room - run a thick but pretty ribbon (thick meaning width not actually thickness...) around with tacks or hooks or whatever, and hang them from the ribbon.

OR you can put them in a large shadowbox? i like the ribbon idea the best. hanging down from the top of something like a cupboard or just hanging down the wall would be cute too!

My mom collects old buttons like that and she has a extra large embroidery hoop with fabric stretched out. It works really well because youd on't have to bend the pen to get it in there.

1 / 3