SPLINTERS! (Stickers in the Foot)

My 2 yr old recently stepped onto a large sticker weed while at a party. YEEOWCH! Poor thing. There were many stickers right in the arch of her foot. I pulled out what I could immediately. Later tried to tweeze, I say TRY. A 2 yr. old does not like this for obvious reasons. So I ended up not really being able to remove all of the splinter/sticker rements. My question is: Is there anything I can do, should do, call the doctor, leave them??? I have basically left them alone. Kept her foot clean and she doesnt seemed bothered. I can still see little specks left in the bottom of her foot and it bugs me, but I can't get them out as they are under the skin.

Thanks to everyone who replied. I will definitely try tape asap the next time someone in my family gets a splinter or sticker. In this case it was too late for that to work , but what actually happened was the splinters started to work themselves back out. Seems weird they're under the skin and then they come back out. As I could feel them sticking out of her foot again, I tried the tape. I was able to remove one of the larger ones which I could tell was bothering her that way. I did have to prick slightly with a needle on another one, but it's resolved now and no infection or problems. Whew!

If there is no inflammation to the area, I'd just keep doing what you're doing. If it looks like infection is starting, soak the foot in warm water with epsom salt repeatedly to draw out the splinters.

Ouch! Poor baby! I would try tweezing either while she's in the bathtub or just after she gets out. The skin is softer and the stickers will come out easier.

This may sound strange, but it does work. Cut an onion in half, place it on her foot and let her sit down for a half an hour. The onion will draw out the splinters/stickers.

M. *~

There is this stuff that I have always known as black sauve... you can get it at your pharmacy... it smells like tar. You put in on and put a bandage over it. What it does is draw out whatever is there... it's good for splinters, infections, etc. Great stuff... wouldn't be without it.

Ouch is right! Splinters should be removed, they can irritate & cause infection. Praise her if you find a way to get it out. She will feel it when she walks on it. Picking it with a needle or pin might help. Good luck. G.

You might try some tape...
Just put the tape over the splinters and rub gently once or twice to make sure the ends are in the sticky of the tape and then pull it off. Works on wood chip splinters! :) Good luck!

Duck tape. Let her walk around with it on for half a day, or as long as she'll do it. Then pull it away, and the stickers should come off with it.

Have you tried using some tape? That worked pretty well for my daughter.

I have found that laying tape over the splinter(s) and then pulling it off in the opposite direction that it goes in, usually takes it our without too much fuss. Just a thought. Those under the skin are more difficlut, but using something like a credit card to push them back out has worked without the pain.
A. Papangellin

1 / 3