Spit up Through the Nose?

My 11 1/2 week old is on Alimentum (he's colicy and has acid reflux) and when he spits up sometimes it comes out of his nose. Is that normal? I think because it burns sometimes he will cry because it scares him....

Thank you for the responses...... The pediatrician said it was normal and not to worry...

K., my son was not colicy but he did have acid reflux and it would either come out his nose or shoot out of his mouth like a fountain, everyone told me it was normal and I beg to differ, so instead of using the formula I was using, i switched to the more expensive Enfamil "for babies that spit up frequently" it actually says that on the can, and it took like 2 days, and didn't spit up again. Try it.

Look up Infant REflux Counseling and Education on Mamasource local businesses.
She is very helpful.

Hi I have a 6 month old who is a reflux baby and yeas tehy do spit oup thru their nose and yes it burns that's why they cry. Also it's very uncomphy.

Hey, There is light at the end of the DARK tunnel!!!! My baby girl is 8 months now, and she cried for the first 3 months of her precious little life! I thought I was never going to survive. Her dad would come home from work, and we would both be in tears! I would have to pull the car over, and cry because I would have to run an errand, and she would scream the whole time. I was told it would all change at 3 months, and it was true. It was like a switch, and she has been the happiest baby ever since then! Of course I considered EVERYTHING!!! Breastmilk, Acid Reflux, Colick...whatever the heck that is! Gas, everything, and it really just seemed that we had to wait it out, whatever it was. Good luck to you, hang in there! O.

Baby's often spit up through the nose, but because of your baby's other medical problem, I would definitely talk to the Doctor about it. If he is spitting up gastric fluid (due to the acid reflux) then it probably does burn, your right about that.

DON'T BE TOO SCARED BECAUSE IT'S NORMAL

this happened with my little one as well. It first happened at the hospital and I rang the nurse I was so freaked out! (and this was baby #2!) Nurse told me it was normal (after she looked at me weird for calling her lol) And he stopped doing it after a few months. So from my experience it is normal and it will stop happening once their digestive system matures a bit. Congrads on your new little one, and happy holidays

K.,
My daughter had a little acid reflux when she was born, she has grown out of thank goodness, but she use to spit up out of her nose as well, i talked to my doctor about and he didn't seem worried about it, so i wouldn't worry about it either... i found if i fed her in a more up right postion she was less likley to spit up through her nose..

B., 24 years old, first time mom of a 6 month old little girl.

1 / 3