Speedo Style Swimsuits for Little Boys

Mamas & Papas -

Any idea where to get speedo style swimsuits for little boys? We bought trunks this year, but think that speedoes would be much more comfortable next summer.

I haven't seen anything of that sort in the shops. Do I need to go to a specialty store? Is there a reason why you don't see them much anymore? hubs and I both remember seeing plenty when we were younger. They were popular in the late 70s, they are populare in europe. They seem much less unwieldy as compared with shorts.

DS will be 2.5 next summer. I think I can get away with Speedoes for our beach/ pool outings until he's at least pre-school aged. Heck, if it were up to me, I'd have him run around naked, but people can get funny about that sort of thing.

thanks,
F. B.

Hmmmm....I have a 9 year old son.
I can honestly say I've never seen them anywhere for sale.
Nor have I ever seen a child anywhere, ever, wearing a Speedo suit that a are not the trunk style.
Sorry.

Stick to trunks, otherwise your son will be looking at photo albums later and say "WHY MOM, WHY?" :)

ETA: You might be able to find a pair of girls bathing suit bottoms that would look okay..

Hmmmm....I have a 9 year old son.
Sorry.

Speedos are ugly for any age. If you have your heart set on them,however, probably do a search online.

Around here, they just aren't worn by any boys. Some swim teams do still use them. Have you looked at a sports supply store? You may have to order online.

I think speedos are more of a European thing, thank goodness.

You can't find them because there is absolutey no demand for them. My boys would rather stay inside the whole summer than put those on. What you could try is to buy a girls bikini and just use the bottom because that is basically what they are anyhow. Just get a neutral one.

OMG, I totally agree with Grandma T--thanks, Grandma T--I nearly wet my pants after I read your reply! :)

Hi! http://www.swimoutlet.com/ will have what you are looking for. You may also want to consider a jammer instead of a brief. But they are SO cute in those briefs when they are little!

I have to agree with Grandma T. I am not trying to be mean. They are gross....just my opinion.

1 / 3