Special Names for Grandparents??

I'm not a very creative person, and I'm seeking suggestions for creative, special names for grandparents? My son is 17 months old and his Grandma's were Gramma, & Nan, but now Nan wants to be Grandma, so I'm looking for a special names for my son to call my mom!

Thank you all for your responses! We've decided to let my mother in law be grandma like she wants, and I'm talking to my mom (who's been grandma up to this point) to find out if she has something special she wants to be called. Looks like we may just have Grandma + first name on both sides, works I suppose! Thank you!

My twins call grandma = Gia and grandpa = Pogg...
They did that all on there own!!
I think its cute though!

My kids call my dad and step mom grampy and gramy. My mom and step dad are called mimi and papa and my inlaws are poppy and nani. Hopefully this helps!!!!

They did that all on there own!!
I think its cute though!

I am not very creative either when it comes to this, but I atill have a while to decide, my daughter is three months old. I would sugest letting the child decide on what to call his grandparents. Whatever they start saying let that be it. I used to all my grandparents Grammy and Grampy, or Grumpy. I called my other grandparents Mamaw and Papaw.

Our different ones are Grammy & Pappy, GG (which stands for great grandma) & Granddad, Oma & Opa, Gran Gran, Nanny, and Papa (pronounced paw-paw)

I have also heard MeMe, Nanny Memaw, Nanny & Poppy and then their first or last name, Granny

I dunno if it would help.. but I used to call my Grandma "Noma".. my grandpa was "Opa".. I think it's dutch.

lets se we have alot...we have nana & papa, grammy & papa, mimi& papa--that covers all the grandparents, then their greats they call ma-maw & papa, granny & poppy, grandpa & grandma...the kids pretty much came up w/ what they called all their grandparents, but the greats had already been named by the "original" grandkids. Mine seemed to be a little bit more creative w/ the grandmas, then the grandpas, so we usually just say papa and their name after it....

my parents are mommom and poppop
my husbands parents are grandma and grandpa
my husbands grandparents are mema, pepa, and nana
my granddad was papapa
my grandmother is nana kitty
they didn't know my dads parents. they passed away in the early 90s

When looking for names for my children's grandparents, grandmother's especially, I went to the public library and researched 'grandma' in other languages. As a result, we now call my mom Koko, which is an African word for grandmother.

1 / 3