SOUTHBAY/TORRANCE Birthday Location

Hello all...do you know of a cool place to have a 2nd birthday party? I'm looking for something other than Chuck E. Cheese. Nice park locations are ok. Thanks in advance. I gotta get this event planned already.

thanks for all of your posts!!! i am going to have it at a park in carson.

My Gym is great. There's also a nice park in Torrance called La Romeria that has a great playground and rooms right next to playground that they rent.

There is a place in Manhattan Beach:
go to www.undertheseaindoorpalyground.com
The place is called Under The Sea
My son had his 2nd birthday there.

Polliwog Park in Manhattan Beach is GREAT! They have a fenced in play area for the little ones and ducks to watch. Call the MB dept of recreation and parks to make a reservation for tables, otherwise, someone will snatch it up :-)

Hi- I have two kids (ages 3 & 5)... some places for young children in the south bay that we've really enjoyed.... 1. Little Gym- its off of Torrance Blvd, near Del Amo Mall, great for active toddlers 2. The Art Zone in Hermosa Beach- is fantastic. 3. Under the Sea in Manhattan Beach- a wonderful place for toddlers to play and move. 4. Superkids is a developmental gymnastics class and will do birthday parties in Manhattan Beach.

okay, i saw that people mentioned Kids Concepts. Its a fun place, but open to the public and quite busy, unless you are planning your party for a weekday in the morning. The other places I suggested are closed parties, meaning that you have the entire location to yourself and your guests, which makes the experience more relaxed and comfy. We've been to parties at all of those places and they are fun, but will cost you anywhere from $225+. (Chuck E Cheese can be pricy too and, it's an open party) Having had many huge parties, it's worth it. you don't have to clean up or set up and the people running the party will serve the cake. At the ArtZone, the kids take home all of their crafts, including a glitter handprint, so you don't need to do goodie bags.

you can probably google all of these places- they are on the internet. happy planning!

You could try Adventure Plex in Manhattan Beach. They have great (clean!) indoor climbing things and have private rooms for parties. http://www.adventureplex.org/

You could also look into Under the Sea in Manhattan Beach. They have indoor bouce houses and play equipment. http://www.undertheseaindoorplayground.com/

I hope that helps! Good luck.

the aquarium in Redondo Beach do great parties with time out in the touch tank area...I don't recall the name but it is down in front of the power plant with the mural on front.

check out Hopkins Wilderness Park in Redondo near Alta Vista Park. I had my son's bday there and it was great. Lots of things little ones to do. Ducks, turtles, streams. and it was cheap. www.redondo.org

I don't live in the Southbay/Torrance area and am not familiar with everything available there. However, I rely often on the book "Fun and Educational Places to Go with Kids and Adults in Southern California" by Susan Peterson. My version is from 2003 (the 6th edition), but I would presume it's been updated. This book might help you find some child friendly locations.

I personally have been a few times to a place called "Kid Concepts U.S.A." in Torrance. The first time we went, my daughter was around 2 years old (maybe younger) and she had a blast. It can get crowded and older kids love it as well, but it's been a hit with us. You might want to check it out. They're on Hawthorne Blvd. and their phone number is ###-###-#### and their website is www.kidconceptsusa.com.

Our favorite location for a birthday party in our area is My Gym. It's a private party geared just for you and your child and the staff does all of the work. It's the best!!! There are a couple of My Gym's in your area that I would highly recommend checking out. Their website is www.mygym.com.

Good luck and have fun!!!

There's a great park in South Redondo called El Retiro.
It's right around where Prospect ends into PCH.
It has a great area for parties. I ha my daughter's 2nd birthday there in December and everyone loved it!

lego sego park in torrance, under the sea hermosa, paradise park torrance. good luck

1 / 3