Sour Milk in Car Carpet

Hi there, We just got back from a trip and the next day I went out to the car to get something and all I can smell is sour milk. It is terrible. I think what happened is my daughter's sippy cup leaked and I thought she just drank it all. Needless to say, its bad. I have tried scrubbing the carpet in our car and using Febreeze, but these things aren't working. I will take any suggestions you have. Thanks!

Fill a small paper lunch sack about 1/3 full with ground coffee and park the car in the sun. The coffee will filter the smell out of the car. I used to live in Florida and this happened to me when my DD was little. I also used to work for a rental car company and we used this trick several times to remove various odors. Good luck.

Erika

Erika

Try neutroleum alpha. You can get it from the Pocatello Supply Depot: ###-###-####. You can order it over the phone. It gets any smell out: urine, vomit, milk, I have yet to have it fail on me. Also, clean out your car the best you can and leave the windows completely rolled down whenever it is in your garage. Eventually the smell will leave.

I would suggest oxyclean, it is great on stains and really bad oders. I use it for just about any of my really bad clean ups that I have with the kids, and has a prewash detergent with our laundry. I also love it because its not has harsh has some other stain removers, and its great on oders.

Eeeeewww... Sour milk. In my opinion, there's not much worse than that! Kids n' Pets. I recommend it every time someone has a carpet cleaning question like this. It's amazing at getting the stain, and even more amazing at getting the smell out. If you use it, and still smell the milk, then maybe follow up with some Febreeze. But I've never had to use the febreeze after. I've even used it on a disgusting 'potty' accident in the upholstered seat of the car, and there is absolutely no remnants of stain or smell. You can find it at Walmart, Target or probably the regular grocery chains in the all purpose cleaner aisle. It's in a white pop-top bottle with a yellow label and blue lettering. Good luck.

Biokleen Bac-Out Stain & Odor Eliminator is perfect for this kind of odor and stain. It's natural, non-toxic and biodegradable and destroys stains and odors.

I buy ours at King Soopers.

Oxyclean is great. Mix a tsp. with a cup of hot water and stir, then spoon it on the area that has the smell. you can rinse or blot it up with a rag. It really does take out the odor.

I had the same issue with my car! I used spot shot (quite a bit of it)and scrubbed really hard. It got the milk and the smell out. Another suggestion would be to rent or borrow a steam cleaner. Same car, different time (about 6 months later) - my daughter got sick and that was way worse than the sour milk smell. I used a steam cleaner for that and kept the windows down for a couple days and it worked wonders! Good luck!

I'd try the Young Living Essential Oils "Thieves" household cleaner. It is safe to use around children, environmentally safe, smells great, and takes out everything on which I've tried it. I've never used it on spoiled milk but I got out other car stains with it. Young Living is online, their main office is in Lehi, and they have pick-up places in Lehi and Spanish Fork. You can also have things shipped to you. Hope it works--for your sake!

1 / 3