Sore Throat Remedies??? - Falcon Heights,TX

Hey, if anyone on here is still speaking me....
i was wondering if any of you had any advice on how to soothe sore throats, and/or how to tell what is causing the sore throat, as in doctor time? or just let it be it'll get better soon......

hope someone can help :)

Warm shot of tequilla with a tbsp honey, chase with a lemon wedge. I am a singer, have needed to do this many many times in my life. I used to sing at a smokey bar and it gets rough - esp when you too smoke!

Gargling with warm salt water or a teaspoon of honey and lemon work, but I don't know how to tell what's causing it other than a trip to the doc.

I gargle with mouthwash at the first sign of a sore throat. It usually kills whatever and it goes away. It is soothing, quick and easy. If it doesn't go away, call your doctor and ask if you should come in. They will probably ask you a series of questions.

Salt water gargle helps me and so does eating hot mustard. I've actually had strep throat twice this year. It's very painful, nothing like the normal sore throat you get with a cold. If it's strep you'll want to get antibiotics right away.

Warm jello really works. Heat the water up to dissolve the jello and drink it like tea. You don't need to add the usual amount of water as if you are really making jello. The thicker, the better.
Don't use red colored jello though as the color could make your throat look more inflamed.

My kids' favorite was warm orange jello. It's really quite soothing.

Warm salt water can help as well.

If swallowing burns or stings regardless of whether it's warm or cold liquids, you should see a doctor to rule out infection or strep.

Best wishes.

Strep has been going around all spring, so I would always get a strep test first just to rule that out. Leaving it untreated can end up developing into scarlet fever and it can recur, so I'd get to the doctor anyway.

For symptom relief, try gargling with warm salt water. If you're talking about a kid here instead of yourself, you can't do the hot toddies or whiskey cures anyway!

I picked up this throat spray at the health food store called Silver Biotics. It is a natural and it stops anything that is starting up with my throat or sinuses.

I too have never hear of the warm shot of tequilla. But I once had a Military actualy write out a RX for a hot Toddy, and ever since then that has been my go too when I am feeling yucky. My DH makse the BEST ones ever. Here is what he does
1 teaspoon honey
2 fluid ounces boiling water
1 1/2 fluid ounces whiskey
1 slice lemon
Pour the honey, boiling water, and whiskey into a mug with the slice of lemon.
Let the mixture stand for 5 minutes. Then drink and enjoy!
Some people get fancy with cloves, cinnamon stick and nutmeg. And thats all really yummy too, but I like mine simple.
Of course this Remedy is only for the Big People (I know thats a duh thing to say, but thought I would just put it out there before I get mad mail).
If the sore throat Lasts more than 3 days I would call a doc, unless it really hurts then of in now.
Best Wishes
Feel better Soon!!

1 / 3