Sore Throat Relief for Toddler

I have a 3 year old with his first sore throat. Does anyone have a remedy for this besides tylenol? Any drug free ideas?

L.,
I haven't reached sore throats yet with my toddler, but when I was little and had a sore throat or a cough my mom would give me hot chocolate with butter melted in it. The butter coated and soothed the throat and the chocolate was just an added bonus to make me happy. I still drink it today when I have a sore throat.

Hi!
I have a drug free solution for the sore throat. This works with any age, young and old.
I am a certified reflexologist and I have shared this tidbit with many people and they have gotten great results.
With the throat being sore, what is happening is that the brain is sending nerve fibers to the infected area, the throat. Simply have your child stick his/her tongue out as far as possible and hold it out for as long as possible. Repeat 3-4 times and they will feel a remarkable reduction of pain in their throat. This action works the reflexes in the back of the throat and helps to loosens the toxins that are making the throat sore. If possible have the child drink a nice glass of cold water not only to soothe but to flush the released toxins from the throat.
To make this more 'fun' for the younger person have them get on their knees and pretend they are a lion. This reflexology technique is called the 'lion stance'. I have no idea what getting on yours knee has to do with helping heal the throat!, but it seems to help.
God created our bodies so that it can heal itself of nearly all conditions. Using reflexology as a tool can aide the body to heal itself and get the body in balance so that it can perform as God intended it to.
I hope this tidbit can help. To your good health. L.

Check at the Walgreens, they use to have suckers shaped like little bears for sore throat relief.

If u have no problem with giving him honey, give him some tea only sweetened with honey. He will love it and it will sooth his throat

Try Whole Foods. They have a large selection of different remedies. They have a lot of homeopathic drugs. I know their cough syrup is really good.

Try salty pretzels. Vicks vapo rub on neck and bottoms of feet. Good luck

L.,

swallow a small spoon of honey. it is old school remady. and tastes good.

My son is almost 2 and just got his first sore throat. We give him decaf herbal tea (apple cinnamon is his favorite)sweetened with 1 tablespoon of honey. He also enjoyed ice water too. Good luck!

1 / 3