Sore Throat and Nursing

Anyone know what meds are safe for a sore throat while nursing?

Thanks for the great website!

you can take tylenol, advil and naproxen. Also use throat drops and sprays. You can use benedryl if it is allergy related, but if you do drink lots of water. Benedryl can decrease your milk supply. It may also make your baby sleepy. But it is considered safe.

Halls, or any throat brand lozenge. Been in your situation, sorry! For bad cold though you can take Tylenol cold, Daytime.
Hope you feel better!

http://www.safefetus.com/index.htm

I was going to reccomend theraflu- but am not after looking up the individual ingredients on above site... It is like a warm drink- SO

Heat up some water, drop in some lemon and honey.... cheers!

My Dr said I could use Sucrets Losenges, and cloroseptic. I would definately ask to make sure it is ok though, every Dr has a different opinion, but you can usually just call and ask.

hey! i'm nursing as well & i would trust any tylenol product. basically if it was safe during pregnancy, it's safe to use while nursing. Hope you feel better soon. :)

I took Tylenol Cough and Sore Throat and the Nurse Practitioner at my OB/GYN said it was fine. Tastes disgusting but it works!!

1 / 3