Sore on My Nipple

I am sorry to ask such a gross and intimate questions but I just don't know what to do. I found a sore on the areola of my nipple; I pinched it and out came a white puss. I thought I had it taken care of but yesterday my whole breast was aching. I couldn't get it to pop so I poked it with a needle and finally got it to excrete some white pussy stuff. My breast and up into my armpit is so sore! Should I give it a couple of days or do I need to call a Dr.? Oh and it kills to breastfeed my little man. Any and all help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks everyone I called my Dr. and the nurse is putting me on an antibiotic so I will keep you all up to date. Thanks for all your comments I love this site!!!

I started the antibiotic yesterday and already feel better! THANK you all for your help!!!

I had that happen when I was breast feeding. You need to go to the Dr. because it's probably an infection in the breast tissue. I had to go on antibiotics to get rid of it. Good luck!
K. N

It sounds like you might have an infected/impacted duct and you may need an antibiotic to help. When my sister had this problem she had to take the antibiotic and use hot packs on her boob and shoulder. She couldn't even move her arm it was so swollen. The quicker you get to a Dr. The better.

Remember to take probiotics since the doc put you on an antibiotic. The probiotic will help keep yeast balanced. Antibiotics can cause an overgrowth of yeast, causing a yeast infection or thrush. Thrush, on top of this issue, is not something you want to deal with while breastfeeding! Hope things get better! Good luck!

sounds like a mastitis. call your doctor and get started on an antibiotic. take some tylenol for pain and try to breastfeed as often as you can. it is important to keep milk flowing from that breast to help it heal.

N.

It sounds like it is taken care of but I just wanted to touch on a couple of things...
1. Absolutly keep nursing!!
2. Grating a potato and putting it on your breast will pull out the infection (I swear it works)
3. While taking antibiotics I would STRONGLY recommend also taking acidophilus (it's what is in yogurt), you can get it at any health food store. Reason:
When you take antiboitics it kills good and bad bacteria. Killing the good bacteria may cause you to get thrush... which trust me is miserable and really hard to get rid of. So go get some of that ASAP and take it daily during and after your antibiotics for awhile. It is completly safe to take while nursing!
HTH,

have your Dr. check it out. you might need to take care of it with antibiotics ASAP.

I've never had this problem before, but as I was reading your message it reminded me of an email that was forwarded to me last fall. It was on a rare form of breast cancer that exhibits itself with a sore on the outside of the breast. I don't want to scare you. I just thought you might want to see this email. My email is ____@____.com me know and I will send it. Best wishes!

DON'T forget to take a probiotic!!! Or else you'll get thrush from the antiobiotic. It's extremely painful for you and your baby.

I had this when I was breast feeding my 2nd child. The doctor told me that my milk duct was clogged. What the doctor had me do is get in a shower as hot as I could stand and rub my breast for 10 min. Dont use lotion, soap, ect. this helps unclog your milk ducts. I was to the point that I got milk fever. I had milk into my color bones and around into my back. I was in so much pain. Any questions ask your doctor. This might be something else.

BKE Mother of 7- 2 girls ages 9 and 7 - 5 boys ages 12, 5, 3, (twins) 9 month old.

You have an infection and need to call your dr. as soon as you can. Don't wait!

Go to the doctor...you may have a breast infection. I never had a sore on the outside, but I had breast infections (clogged ducts) with 4 out of 5 kids. They are very painful, 'hot spots', swelling and a general feeling you have a cold in your breast. Very simple to treat and you will feel so much better.

1 / 3