Sore Knot on Back of My Scalp

has anyone ever had one of these. haven't hit or bumped my head. just noticed it yesterday. not a pimple. about the size of medium egg. kind of a popknot. not bug bite or pimple, not an ingrown hair.

My husband has a knot on the top of his scalp. Its a sabaceous cyst. His mother had the same thing and got it cut out. She said it wasn't bad at all. My husband has yet been to the Dr. to get it cut out. He says it doesn't bother him. Its about as big as a huge marble. He's probably had it about 8 yrs. I'd go to the Dr. just in case. Hope everything works out! T.

My hubby gets bumps on his head they are fat despots like things, He has be to the Dr about them to see about getting them cut out. The Dr told him if they if they were hurting him not to worry. One of them get so big it bust open open and milk white stuff came out of it. My guess is it the same thing but you might one to see the Dr to found out.

Could it be a bug bite? I would get that checked out!

do not pass go to collect 200 dollars just go straight to you doctor a lump as big medium egg doesn't sound good good luck I will pray for you

My husband had a bump on the base of his head, it was very sore to touch or to even turn his head. Went to the doc and it was a kind of like a cyst, something about sabecious?. Anyway, he did it with a local anesthetic right there in the office. Hasn't been back since and wasn't very sore at all, actually felt better. His was smaller though.

Might be a fatty cyst. Have it checked by your Dr.

My daughter has had a similar thing before on her scalp near the temple, upper arm, and one on her thigh. I call them boils but I'm not a doctor. We waited until it was really big (and pretty painful), then I pricked it with a needle. Immediatly, it sort of exploded like a pimple. We pushed out lots and lots of puss, then a sort of "core". It's disgusting, I know. Really weird! There was a hole there which we "doctored" with Neosporin and Band-Aids for a week. Then, it healed up. Who knows!

Have it checked out ... it could be more serious, especially if you have also noticed fatigue and bruising. Better make sure it's nothing serious.

1 / 3