Songs to Use in DVD Video of Baby's First Year

My husband has some DVD software that he wants to use to create videos/slideshow of our daughter's first year. Any suggestions on good songs to use?

"Butterfly Kisses" is a great song-dad to daughter. "In My Arms" by Plum is also an excellent song. Is chokes me up about every time I hear it (it even gets to my husband-he loves the song!).

Carly Simon made a few albums/CDs for children. I just saw her in an interview with Tavis Smiley a few nights ago, and was so impressed with her devotion to her children. I would highly recommend listening to her children's songs to see what clicks with you.

Also, Don McLean did a song called "Wonderful Baby." I used to sing that song to my son every night at bedtime.

What a great project! Have fun putting it together. :)

One I know of AND LOVE... (I dedicated it to my son when he was born)

"I think I loved you before I met you"
By..Savage Garden

It's slow and wonderful, and raises goosebumps everytime I hear it.

I don't know if you want a slow sappy song, but "I Am Your Child" by Barry Manilow is good. Here are the lyrics. It's definately a tearjerker!
I am your child.
Wherever you go, you take me, too.
Whatever I know, I learn from you.
Whatever I do, you taught me to do.
I am your child.
And I am your chance.
Whatever will come, will come from me.
Tomorrow is won, by winning me.
Whatever I am, you taught me to be.
I am your hope,
I am your chance,
I am your child.

A good song for the day she was born is American Girl by Carrie Underwood. My daughter made a video for my son and his wife when there little girl was born. She used that song at the beginning. It was great. She also used Isn't She Lovely by Stevie Wonder during the video.

My husband does these for our children. He used Isn't She Lovely by Stevie Wonder for my daughter's first day. I think for a first year, it would be great to use Leanne Womack's I hope you dance for a girl. I think that is what we will be using. It is so much fun to show these to our family and friends and my 3 year old boy loves watching his.

We used Arms Wide Open by Creed for his first day and The Carpender's Close to You which is great for a boy.

"Baby, Baby" by Amy Grant was a favorite of ours. I used to sing it to my daughter when she was little.

My kids love the Jack Johnson Curious George cd...they dance and sing to every song. It's not cheesy and kids love it!

Hi C., when we visit our kids in Ca. we enjoy the Baby Beetoven <mispelled but it so relaxing and beautiful to listen to. This probably isn't any help but it is just a suggestion. Enjoy K.

We did something similar for our first daughter. A few songs I remember using - Little Miss Magic by Jimmy Buffett, Baby Mine from Dumbo, If I Had A Million Dollars by Barenaked Ladies. I'll watch it again and maybe send a few more suggestions.

My dad made videos for both my daughter and my neice for their first birthday. For my daughter's video he used the song, In My Daughter's Eyes by Martina McBride (which made everyone cry) and for my neice he used the song Baby of Mine from Dumbo (I don't remember which artist sang the song, but it was beautiful). I hope this helps.

1 / 3