Songs to Use in DVD Video of Baby's First Year

My husband has some DVD software that he wants to use to create videos/slideshow of our daughter's first year. Any suggestions on good songs to use?

"Butterfly Kisses" is a great song-dad to daughter. "In My Arms" by Plum is also an excellent song. Is chokes me up about every time I hear it (it even gets to my husband-he loves the song!).

Carly Simon made a few albums/CDs for children. I just saw her in an interview with Tavis Smiley a few nights ago, and was so impressed with her devotion to her children. I would highly recommend listening to her children's songs to see what clicks with you.

Also, Don McLean did a song called "Wonderful Baby." I used to sing that song to my son every night at bedtime.

What a great project! Have fun putting it together. :)

One I know of AND LOVE... (I dedicated it to my son when he was born)

"I think I loved you before I met you"
By..Savage Garden

It's slow and wonderful, and raises goosebumps everytime I hear it.

I don't know if you want a slow sappy song, but "I Am Your Child" by Barry Manilow is good. Here are the lyrics. It's definately a tearjerker!
I am your child.
Wherever you go, you take me, too.
Whatever I know, I learn from you.
Whatever I do, you taught me to do.
I am your child.
And I am your chance.
Whatever will come, will come from me.
Tomorrow is won, by winning me.
Whatever I am, you taught me to be.
I am your hope,
I am your chance,
I am your child.

A good song for the day she was born is American Girl by Carrie Underwood. My daughter made a video for my son and his wife when there little girl was born. She used that song at the beginning. It was great. She also used Isn't She Lovely by Stevie Wonder during the video.

My husband does these for our children. He used Isn't She Lovely by Stevie Wonder for my daughter's first day. I think for a first year, it would be great to use Leanne Womack's I hope you dance for a girl. I think that is what we will be using. It is so much fun to show these to our family and friends and my 3 year old boy loves watching his.

We used Arms Wide Open by Creed for his first day and The Carpender's Close to You which is great for a boy.

"Baby, Baby" by Amy Grant was a favorite of ours. I used to sing it to my daughter when she was little.

My kids love the Jack Johnson Curious George cd...they dance and sing to every song. It's not cheesy and kids love it!

Hi C., when we visit our kids in Ca. we enjoy the Baby Beetoven <mispelled but it so relaxing and beautiful to listen to. This probably isn't any help but it is just a suggestion. Enjoy K.

We did something similar for our first daughter. A few songs I remember using - Little Miss Magic by Jimmy Buffett, Baby Mine from Dumbo, If I Had A Million Dollars by Barenaked Ladies. I'll watch it again and maybe send a few more suggestions.

My dad made videos for both my daughter and my neice for their first birthday. For my daughter's video he used the song, In My Daughter's Eyes by Martina McBride (which made everyone cry) and for my neice he used the song Baby of Mine from Dumbo (I don't remember which artist sang the song, but it was beautiful). I hope this helps.

I used God Must Have Spent A Little More Time on You for my daughter's first birthday video. Don't remember who sings it though. I have the video on YouTube if you're interested.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Y3OyhOTSa-Y

I love "Born to Fly" by Sara Evans. It's country.

Thanks Heaven for Little Girls is always a classic:)

Songs that might be nice to go along with the DVD:
Father and Daughter by Paul Simon
Lullabye (Goodnight, My Angel) by Billy Joel
Baby Don't You Cry (the pie song) by Quincy Coleman

Have fun and hope this helps,

Let them be little is a great country song to use. Also, you could use the song Sunrise, sunset.

THere is a great version of somewhere over the rainbow it is a guy who sings the version I am thinking of or we also used time of your life by green day.

If you like country, there are alot. "in my daughters Eyes" by martine mcbride is beautiful. "I hope you dance" by Leeann Womack" Those are just 2. Good luck.

Miracle by Celine Dion.... breathtaking!

"I think I loved you before I met you"
By..Savage Garden

Kenny Loggins "Return to Pooh Corner" has some good songs. I actually use this as fall asleep music for my 3 month old.

It's an older song, but I always loved Carole King's "Child of Mine".

We used "Isn't She Lovely?" by Stevie Wonder (the version we found starts out with a baby crying which fits perfectly if you have any just born pics - the song is over 6 minutes long so we cut it short) and "My Girl" by The Temptations. Other songs on our list were "What a Wonderful World" by Louis Armstrong, "Beautiful Day" by U2, and "With Arms Wide Open" by Creed. Good Luck!

Go to Yahoo Answers and type in Daughter Songs....there are some listed there
Here are some of my favorites:
In my daughter's eyes - Martina McBride
Isn't She Lovely - Stevie Wonder
You are so beautiful - Joe Cocker
Butterfly Kisses - Bob Carlisle
All-American Girl - Carrie Underwood (you could just use certain parts that apply)
Thank Heaven for Little Girls
My Little Girl - Tim McGraw
Love of my life - Carly Simon

I don't have a little girl ( just 3 boys) ;) but Cinderella by Steven Curtis Chapman is and AMAZING song! Good luck!

This one might sound strange, but Good Riddance (Time Of Your Life) by Green Day. One of my friends is a videographer, and he did a video of his little boy playing on swingsets and in the pool and in the tub to this song, and it was soooo cute. I actually cry each time I see it! You can look up the lyrics online if you don't know them. Have fun with the video!

I do many many many of the dvd's!!
Some of the songs I have used are (and forgive me I don't know the artists)

I hope you dance
Brown Eye'd girl
Life is a highway
Life's a dance you learn as you go-John Micheal Montgomery
Because you loved me