Songs from Mother to Daughter

I am putting together a slide show of pictures of my daughter's first year of life. I would like to add background music...something reflective of a mother's love for her daughter. Does anyone have any suggestions of appropriate songs? I can't seem to come up with the perfect song. I would appreciate any suggestions. Thanks Moms!

have you heard "In my daughter's eyes" by Martina McBride? I have never listened to it without crying... here's a video link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLS0Y40WwlA

Martina McBride's-Daughter's Eyes or Lee Ann Womacks-I Hope You Dance are my favorites for my daughter...

Having 3 daughters myself - I tend to like:

Martina McBride's In My Daughter's Eyes
or
Leeann Womack's I Hope You Dance

If you want a slow lullaby type, Bette Midler's song from Beaches, Baby Mine is a very good one that I used to sing to my girls.

Daughter's by John Mayer is good - but a little more from a male to a daughter.

Oh and the new one from Plumb - Safe In My Arms is really good too.

Hope that helps!

I like " Have you ever been in Love"... by Celine Dion, there is always the " I hope you Dance song" by Martina McBrode

I've wanted to do this myself! After I heard this rendition, I fell in love with it and always wanted to put a video to it. It's Eva Cassidy's version of "Somewhere over the rainbow". It was from the movie "Alpha dog". You can hear it on youe tube.

My sister made a video like that and used These are Days by Natalie Merchant/10,000 Maniacs. It was such a great fit.

I love "In My Daughter's Eyes" by Martina McBride and "Daughter" by Loudon Wainwright (that's the song playing during the credits of the movie "Knocked Up").

Jamie O'Neal's "Sombody's Hero"

AWESOME lyrics!

"Child of Mine" by Carole King. We used it for our "parent-child" dance at our wedding.

1 / 3