T.S. asks from Lubbock, TX on September 26, 2007
Son's Birthday Party
My oldest son will be 9 on the 5th and we are going to have his B-day party. Well he decided that he wanted it here at home and he wanted an Army theme. I just have no idea what soever about what I am going to do. If any of you have any ideas on that I would really appreciate it. I would like him to change his mind to a Halloween theme, but then I would need ideas for that one too.... All help would be nice. Thank you all so much.
D.M. answers from Wichita Falls on September 28, 2007
If you are having trouble with finding the stuff for the theme or themes, I would try looking at Oriental Trading Company.com or Card and Party Factor in Wichita Falls if you live in that area. Hope this is of some help.
S.E. answers from Austin on September 27, 2007
I can't really help with the Army theme but I have an idea for the Halloween one. How about a pumpkin decorating contest? Kids can get pretty creative with glue and paint. I am not too familiar with 9 year old boys as my son is 2 but depending upon his interests and the guest list- it might work. Good luck with whatever you decide!
R.B. answers from Corpus Christi on September 27, 2007
There are a few things that could be pretty fun such as letting the kids paint their face with camo paint. They can also play games like capture the flag or do some sort of army themed treasure hunt. Maybe that will help get you started. A little off subject but what kind of work from home do you do. I have been looking for something to do for a while. Any info would be great.
T.O. answers from San Antonio on September 27, 2007
An army theme is great! Get brown and green face paint and paint their faces in camo. Have all the guests wear their favorite camo clothes. That is so in style now and you can find cheap camo shirts at walmart. You can give army men in gift bags. The party store even has plates and decorations and stuff. Set up an obstacle course in the backyard for the guests to race through and have a marching contest. You could also get water guns and set up a shooting range. Do some research on boot camp and find out what other activities they do there. Sounds like fun. I know my three boys would love it.
R.G. answers from San Antonio on September 27, 2007
Have everyone come in camo gear. It is so populer right now that most people already have some.
1. You can have the kids do a version of face painting but have them "CAMO" up their faces. If they do it themselves with very little help from parents it will be more fun for them.
2. You can do a miny obstacle course.
- jump OVER the limbo stick
- crawl through one of those kids play tubes. I know this is a bad anology but they also use them for the dogs to run through in those dog race contests.
- roll in a pile of leaves...see if you can find them once they are all CAMOed.
3. You could go to an army surplus store & pick up a couple of the freeze dried AMRY meals. I would do it for a taste test kinda thing & have an real food item. They don't taste so great. But boys get into that stuff.
4. You could also decorate with an actual CAMO cape you can get at the ARMY surplus store or make your own with cheese cloth & green dye.
5. You could also do a version of a game we do at baby showers. Take a bowl of rice & put 100 plastic army men in there. Blindfold the kids & see how many men they can pull out of the rice in 30 seconds while blind folded. The one who gets the most wins a prize.
6. If you don't mind them getting wet you could also do water balloon bombing. Divide into two teams, each team gets X number of water balloons. If you get hit your out. The team with the most guys still standing when all the balloons are gone wins.
Just some ideas.
J.V. answers from Houston on September 27, 2007
I say go to oriental trading on-line they have a whole section on camo stuff you could use that for the goody bags. Go get some halloween face paint and army up their faces then send them out side for a search and rescue mission (side and Seek)
L.W. answers from Austin on September 27, 2007
You can call HopALot Moonwalks for inflatables. We don't have an army theme, but we might be able to find something. ###-###-####. Or you canm call Mott with Art for Your Head. She helps us with party planning also.###-###-#### I work for HopALot Moonwalks, so if you're interested give me a call. ###-###-####. Best of luck. I hope we or Mott can help. She's really sweet too.
M.E. answers from Tyler on September 27, 2007
I would go to the army surplus store and have a blast!!! You can get tents, sleeping bags, canteens, lanterns, anything army for much less than the same type of items anywhere else. Additionally, they are high quality items. :) Have fun with your party planning!
L.R. answers from Sherman on September 26, 2007
You can get the little plastic army hats at walmart and give army men for prizes... have everyone dress in camaflauge there is more out than than you think that is army.... so what do you do to work from home??? just wondering? from Texas,,, L.
A.S. answers from Lubbock on September 30, 2007