5 answers

Son Needs Braces. No Insurance. Any Suggestions?

My 10 yr old son needs braces. I dont have any medical insurance. Any suggestions? I live in the east side of town. The name of a good but cheap orthodontist would be helpful

What can I do next?

More Answers

I work at a dentist office and I do know that you can actually get donated dental services. We have a dentist that takes on one case a year but some orthodontists do it too. To contact them call 1800 dentist and ask for the donated dental services. Or even go to the dental schools. they do great jobs because they have a actual dentist or orthodontist watching over so no mistakes are done. They cost only about 50% of the regular cost. Hope this helps Also try Care Credit it is an interest free credit card just for medical expenses. Go to www.carecredit.com or call 1800 ###-###-#### they do 3, 6, 12, or 18 month payment plans.

Try IU Dental school they do require a small down payment but they let you make payments montly until it's paid off.
Good luck

I used to work for an orthodontist out of state and alot of our patients that did not have ins. used a company called orthodontic fee plan(OFP). They pay the bill in full and you work out a payment arrangement with them. When you go to a doctor for an evaluation ask the financial coordinator about this option. Our patients seemed to like it.

Have you looked into medicaid/Hoosier Healthwise program?

My benefits at work are great, but to have family benefits is $553 PER MONTH...so I pay the $170 in fees for my own each month but can't afford to have my son on my insurance or I would have no where to live.

You can apply for Hoosier Healthwise at your local medicaid office and they cover just about 100% of the costs. Because my income exceeds their general limits I pay $33 a month for his package, but doctors visits are free and all of his prescriptions are generally less than $10.

This link will help you get started
Go to the enrollment directory and find a nearby place you can apply. I found a very nice lady at a clinic that helped me deal with the caseworkers at Medicaid, she was a great help, I can also give you her info, just email me and I will find it for you.

I techinically make too much money to have him covered under what he has, so my boss being the great guy he is helped get my check stubs where they needed to be for my son to qualify. Basically as a single mother of one child I couldn't gross more than $2200 a month, regardless of the bills of I pay. I can find the paper if you want me to and see the income limit for 2 kids, but again my boss helped me work through it.

I believe Hoosier Healthwise can help

Required Fields

Our records show that we already have a Mamapedia or Mamasource account created for you under the email address you entered.

Please enter your Mamapedia or Mamasource password to continue signing in.

Required Fields

, you’re almost done...

Since this is the first time you are logging in to Mamapedia with Facebook Connect, please provide the following information so you can participate in the Mamapedia community.

As a member, you’ll receive optional email newsletters and community updates sent to you from Mamapedia, and your email address will never be shared with third parties.

By clicking "Continue to Mamapedia", I agree to the Mamapedia Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy.