Something for Party Guest to Sign

i am looking for how to make a sign board that everyone can sign at a birthday party. I am wondering how to make it. I am not sure but maybe people use a canvas and decorate it, does any one know what I am talking about and how to make this?

We blew up a baby picture (16" x 20") for my daughter's Sweet 16 and had it mounted (I think that's the word). We put it on an easel with different shades of blue Sharpies (blue was her color theme) and everyone siged the mounted part.
I was too lazy (and uncreative), but my sister's initial suggestion was to glue the picture to a foam board and use the border left as a signing area.
It was a huge hit! She has it on her wall in her room and every once in a while, I stop to read the message. It's a wonderful keepsake for her special day.
Good luck and God Bless!

Usually in the wedding section at Micheals is a mat that you put around a picture that guest sign.

Not exactly what you were looking for, but I heard a cute idea of letting people sign the tablecloth. You can even use a fabric cloth and let them sign it each year.

I saw a beautiful one done recently for an older gentleman's birthday where his wife had a nice black & white print made (of him fishing) and added a wide white mat-board to it where everyone signed, and then framed it and presented it in the middle of the party along with his gift (a $500 gift check to Alaska, his favorite fishing spot). Michael's and Hobby Lobby are great places to shop for precut pieces & frames and they often have 50% off sales.

Tshirts also make great pieces for kids. Mirrors are good for wall art too - they can sign with metallic markers.

Any hobby store can also help you with more ideas and embellishments.

At a baby shower I attended, the hostess made a huge baby bottle out of construction paper, I guess, and had all guests sign and leave a message for the baby and mother to reflect on. Wasn't anything extravagant, but it was nice.

Go to Hobby Lobby and check out what they have there. They have a large variety of poster board, stand-up display boards, etc. You could use some peel and stick letters to make a headline...explaining what the event is, who it's for, etc. You could also have a variety of permanent marker colors (probably fine or medium point) for everyone to sign and leave a message. Their staff is very helpful and I'm sure if you described what you are making they could help you pick out your needed items.

Good luck...and HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

W. Q

1 / 3