Socks That Stay on Feet

Does anyone know of a good brand of infant socks. I've had a few hand-me-downs that have worked great up to now. My 10 month crawler and puller upper is wriggling out of her socks. The more she moves the looser they become-she's not necessarily trying to pull them off. The hand-me-downs that stay put (she's down to one pair that still fit) have little nubbins (not sure how to describe them?) around the top of them-you roll them down and the nubs are around her ankle. I can't find them anywhere and no way to indentify what brand they are.
Any recommendations?

I found the socks I was looking for originally-the ones with "nubbins" around the ankle. They are Carter brand socks and I found them at JC Penney. They stay put through all the crawling and pulling up. We also use the Robeez soft shoes when going out or when she needs an extra layer on her feet-I highly recommend them. But the Carter socks stay on great with our without them! Thanks for all the great suggestions.

One of my son's favorite games is taking off his socks. My Mom gave me some socks that have extra elastic around the ankle that he hasn't been able to get off. They are called Elegant Baby socks. They are very cute but pricey. My Mom found them marked down.

My son also got a pair of shoes that velcro across the ankle for Christmas. They have also helped with this issue!

Hi H.,
Try socks from Old navy they have the no skids bottoms on them, but then go buy these soft soled leather shoes called ROBEEZ and put them over the socks. THey are the best shoes for infants and toddlers. They cannot be pulled off and they won't come off unless you take them off. I use them on my 6 month old and his older brother wore them as well and you don't have to hassle with bulky hard shoes and laces either. www.robeez.com is where you can get them, but you can also try E-bay, sometimes Stride Rite will sell them too.
Hope this helped,
S. :)

The socks that I found to stay on my son's feet the best (after he grew out of the ones with the "nubbins") are at Target. I think that they're the "circo" brand and they're just little ankle high socks. They fit snug, but not tight -- they're in the baby dept.

H.,

Hon. I hate to say this.... but you might as well let her go sockless. I work at a child care and when they are at that age, there is no keeping socks on them unless they have shoes on. I know it is cold out, but if she's inside it won't hurt. I can't really recommend any particular brand as the parents at our child care buy all different kinds... I mean all the way from Baby Gap and Old Navy all the way to cheap Wal mart socks.

Kim

I have had the SAME problem. Aside from the fact that socks don't stay on...my daughter loves to kick them off. I have found the Carter's socks stay on great...you can but them at Kohl's , Macys or the Carter's store. They have elastic through and through and weather the washing machine well. They have really cute patterns as well. If you don't have luck with those, Circo- the Target brand- makes well fitted and plain 100% cotton socks. Hope this helps!

CARTER'S socks!!! There's nothing like them! :-)

My 1 year old son had a similiar problem. I've found that Old Navy/Baby Gap socks and The Childrens Place stay in place the best. TCP and Old Navy ususally have sales for like 8/$10 and sometimes 10/$10. I like TCP for dress socks and Old Navy for athletic socks. I hope this helps. Oh yeah - I think hanes socks for infants/toddlers are awful. They shrink, pill and cut into chubby little ankles! Hope this helps.

One word Robeez there is nothing like them the Robeez are a little pricey but there are a ton of simaliar ones that are alot less I suggest e-bay to buy them. Shoe-shoos, Bobux, Tendertoes are a couple of othere brands that are just as great! They stay on and the bottoms offer better grip on the floor for early walkers.

1 / 3