Soccer Classes/clubs

Hi, I have a 4 yr old boy who loves soccer. Does anyone know of any soccer clubs/classes for this age group? We already did the classes with Johnson co. sports and recs. Does anyone know of somewhere else for indoor soccer? I also already tried Shawnee soccer club and didnt find anything with them. I would like to keep it in the Shawnee area or close by. Thankyou

All American Indoor sports has indoor soccer..I don't know where they are at in terms of their programs for the 'younger' set, but I know they are working on it.

If you google that you should get to their website.

I believe Shawnee soccer club is shawneesoccer.org BUT they are outdoor soccer fall/spring and are done now. I think your son would be old enough to play in the spring. (You have to be 5 by fall for fall...but in the spring if you are I believe 4 1/2 you can play on the U5 teams)

The other club in the area is Southwest United (It is out of Lenexa) I know they are outdoor mostly and their season is over too. I know their past president and trust that the club is run well. They too have a website if you google the name and Lenexa/KC you should find mor info.

YOu might also google British Challenger in Kansas City area....I think they may be running a bunch of clinics. I think they do most of hte JCPR stuff with clinics.

It is challenging to find the things for the younger kids. In Ohio they start the kids in soccer at 3!

Here is a link to what All American Indoor Sports offers for the little ones. It's the closest (for indoor anyway) to Shawnee that I know of.

http://www.allamericanindoorsports.com/lilkickers.html

There is the Shawnee Soccer Club and there is Johnson County Parks & Rec. Shawnee Soccer Club plays at 63rd & Lackman, JCPRD plays at 119th & Quivira. JCPRD has a catalog you can pick up at the library. Shawnee Soccer Club you have to hunt down. I have never received any mailings or seen advertisements for them, and by the time I would think about it, the registration deadline would have passed.

I know JCPRD has "Biddy Basketball" and "Itty-Biddy Basketball" for the smaller ones, and I think they do the same with soccer.

Johnson County Parks & Rec Website:
http://jcprd.com/activities/index.cfm

And Shawnee Soccer Club:
http://www.shawneesoccer.org/

KC legends superskills and spirit soccer academy. They have mini kickers which are ages 3-5. The website is kclegendssoccer.com or call ###-###-#### ext 36. I am trying to get my daughter enrolled in this program as well. Good luck!
M. Boyer

1 / 3