Soap for Dry Skin

My son has VERY dry skin in the winter. I've been giving him Cod Liver Oil which helps some, but doesn't clear it up. We've been using Dove as suggested by the doctor, but that isn't helping either. Any suggestions?

you should take a close look at the company Melaleuca. They have wonderful products for the whole family and they have no harmful ingrediants. They truly care about their customers. I've been a happy customer of theirs for over 3 years now and I couldn't imagine shopping anywhere else.

Arbonne ABC Baby Lotion, Oil, Wash and Diaper Ointment are all great the wash doesn't dry and the lotion is even good for very sensative skin in adults. If you don't have a consultant my contact information is in a private message. Would be happy to send you a free sample too.
PS all of Arbonne's products DO NOT contain Mineral Oil, Animal Products or By Products and are made from Natural Herbs ane Botanicals.

Bathe less use less hot water Dove or Eucerin wash followed by cream or lotion also Dove or Eucerin.Seen @ Walmart they have a new Dove bar soap called Winter something i'm going to try that,I also put in baby oil in the bath water when it gets really dry

Try Burt's Bees Naturally Nourishing Milk & Shea Butter Body Bar. It worked great on my daughter - her skin was so sensitive when she was younger. And we follow up with Eucerin (the one in the tub, not the tube) - it's extra thick and creamy, works great.

My son has eczema really bad and we have used infant/baby Phisoderm for a while now. It is a creamy cleanser (not soap). You can order it at the online drugstore.

Hi. My daughter has eczema and we use Aveeno baby wash. It's non drying. Good luck.

I don't know how old your son is, but try bathhousesoaps.com. It's handmade glycerin soap. My sister-in-law makes it. I use it all the time and my skin never gets dry in the winter anymore. It's very nice soap.

Make sure he doesn't use SOAP. There is more moisture in body wash than soap. Use moisturizing body wash or a soap SPECIFICALLY for dry skin.

DEHYDRATION is a major factor in dry skin. LOTS, LOTS and LOTS of water.

Flaxseed oil, fish oil, any omegas. He needs to eat fish, avacados, nuts, etc.

Might also try PURE ALOE gel, Aquaphor and/or Udder Cream. They ususally do a good job of rehydrating the skin.

This is a wonderful soap for sensitive baby skin. I would stay away from things like Dove. This is great for adults, too, but it's very pure and natural and the seller is wonderful. Try it out! :)

I've had facial skin issues forever - acne, dry skin, T-zone, rosacea, on-set adult acne...my dermatologist recommended and I've used for years, Cetaphil - cleanser and moisturizer. They are wonderful - I use the products on my 4 year old that has sensitive facial skin. Best wishes!

http://www.cetaphil.com/Products/Moisturizers.aspx

ps - Walmart has their brand of the cleanser that is less expensive than the Cetaphil brand - works just as well.

We like Aveeno. But remember, even if you do a daily bath, you don't have to use soap every night, and soap dries skin more than water alone. We usually soap our 19 month old once every 2-3 days, or when he's really grubby.

I had terrible ecsema in high school and still struggle with it. First, I don’t use soap all that often, just water, but my dermatologist recommended Lever 2000 Antibacterial. Someone just told me that when he gives his kids a bath he never uses soap but rather puts baking soda in the water.
Have you used a lotion on his skin after bath or shower? It will really help. Look for an ingredient called dimethicone. The best lotion out there is called DML and is only avail online. But Aveno also has it. Neither of which have girly scents.
good luck!

Grandma Els, which you can get online or at a specialty shop, has worked for our son with dry sensitive skin (and the air is dry here too which doesn't help). We also use a natural soap that's made locally. We buy it from at our local natural foods grocer - it is round and is not in a box. It's pretty inexpensive but I don't know if it's carried nationwide.

I have a friend who makes "tadpole baby soap" that she uses on her baby here in Colorado. I haven't tried it yet and I don't know if her daughter has dry skin, but I do know that she does in fact use this on her own baby. And looking at the ingredients, it ought to be pretty moisturizing. If you can't get to a natural food shop, you may want to try it. Her website with the link to the baby soap is:

http://lilypadherbals.com/products-2/herbal-soap/tadpole-...

I use Aveeno fragrance free baby wash for my 2-year-old. His skin gets all pebbly and he has eczema breakouts if we're not careful. That seems to help. I also use petroleum jelly for moisturizing and it seems to work best for us. (I also use that on my own hands a lot in the winter--it is the best!!)