So Frustrated!!!!

I recently found out that I am prego and I'm 4 going on 5 weeks. I woke up this morning and found out that I'm spotting. I feel like I'm having a period. I had some cramps as well. The spotting is subsiding and the cramps have gone away, but I still scared that I might have miscarried. What should I do?? Let me add that I did miscarry back in January of this year. I took a pregnancy test again (don't know if it was worth doing) and it said prego still. Even if I call my doctor tomorrow morning is there anything they can do to check and see if I'm still prego??? I'm trying not to worry, but it's hard not to. Any advice would be much appreciated! Thanks ladies!

If its a little brown spotting thats okay, but red can be a cause for concern. Everyone is different, but you have to keep in mind that some women have regular bleeding like their periods all throughout their pregnancy! If the bleeding was red, see an OB just to be safe.

A.-

I had several early miscarriages and I know it is a personal decision, but I got frustrated with all the intervention from the docs that resulted in nothing (and quite frankly I knew there was nothing they could do about it), so I chose to handle it at home.

If you go to the doc, what I would imagine they will order is 2 blood level pregancy tests. Basically, if the 2nd one has higher levels than the 1st, then the pregnancy is progressing and if not, then there has been a miscarriage. This means a trip to a hospital or lab several days apart.

If you chose to wait it out at home, I would try a preg test in a few more days. Use the same brand/style. If the line appears faster, then you know your levels are increasing and it is a good sign, you are still pregnant. If the line takes the same amount of time to appear, try 2 days later and compare. At this early stage, your levels are doubling daily and so the line will either get stronger/faster (preg) or disappear (miscarriage).

PS- I only say this because you are still so early. If you were farther along where a D&C might be needed, I would say make sure to go tot he doc, but at this point, I don't think that would be necessary.

I really wish you the best and will pray for you!!! After going through this several times myself, I finally became pregant, so don't be discouraged.

Many times this kind of spotting & cramping happens in the 1st few months of a healthy pregnancy, and nothing bad happens. Other times, it is the start of a miscarriage. If the baby is alive, the sxs will disappear shortly, and may even return in a month, only to subside again. If the baby is dead, there is nothing that can be done. Bedrest only postpones the inevitable, but one should stick to light activity while bleeding. Be sure you avoid straining your abdominal muscles; don't lift/carry heavy things, like a toddler, wet laundry, groceries, etc. If it's just cyclic bleeding/cramping, it should act like a light period, if it's a miscarriage, the bleeding and eventually the cramping will progress gradually, like a labor.
A third alternative is that you were pregnant with twins, and are just miscarrying one of them.

I don't know if this helps but I went through this with my first son and wound up having a successful pregnancy. There is an old Mexican wives tail that says if you bleed during the pregnancy you will have a boy. I hope all goes well for you!

Try your best to be patient and now worry so bad....stress and only make things worst. I would go ahead and call your drs office or even go to the ER....there are some woman that have there normal cycle during prego.

most docs wont see you until you are 2 months i think it is. call them but i wouldn't worry what you are describing sounds normal

I experienced spotting in this pregnancy and had never done that before. It *is* nerve-wracking. While there's nothing they can do to stop it if you are miscarrying, there are some tests that can be done. A vaginal ultrasound can determine if there is a sac, and if you're far enough along, can see the baby's heartbeat... or not. For a less invasive test, you can get your blood drawn a few days apart, to see if your hCG levels are increasing or decreasing. If they're decreasing, it signals an impending miscarriage; increasing is good.

If you have miscarried, you will eventually bleed at least as much as if you had a period. Some spotting in early pregnancy is normal and not a sign of impending miscarriage. Take it easy (no running up and down stairs or playing tennis and such), try to relax and try not to worry. [Impossible, I know! But try. :-)]

I think this is normal and you are still pg. Stay off your feet a little for a couple of days. Take it easy for 3 months, and try to relax. If this is to be, it will.

1 / 3