Snacks for Preschool

My daughter just started preschool and I'm new to this. Parents are responsible for bringing snacks each day for preschool. There are quite a few rules, and I'm just looking for some new ideas or suggestions. I am taking snacks for my daughter's birthday and am trying to decide what would be fun for 16 3-4 year olds. The last child's birthday snack was yogurt and raisins, the previous was chocolate pudding.

This is a peanut free school, so no nuts or products produced with nuts.
No deli, bakery or home prepared foods.
All food must be prepackaged or in peels/skins - all cutting, opening and handling has to be done by the school.

I forgot to mention that is all must be healthy - no ice cream, cupcakes, candy, etc.

Since we can't do cake or anything like that, I am leaning towards pudding or yogurt and teddy grahams. Does anyone have any inspirational ideas?

My daughter is 10 and not preschool, but last year for her birthday we had to have healthy snacks, so we took apple slices (I brought the pre packaged already cut ones) and cheese sticks. The class seemed to really enjoy them.

Pepperridge Farm Goldfish crackers come in multipacks at Wal Mart. If you are a member at Sam's Club, they have all kinds of 100 calorie multi-packs as well as multipacks of Cheezits, White Cheddar Cheezits and Goldfish. I bought a 100 calorie multipack for my daughter's preschool class that contained Sun Chips (Cheddar), Baked Cheetos, and White Cheddar Popcorn. There were 8 of each flavor so you'd have to buy 2 multipacks. Sam's Club also carries Rice Crispy Treats in single serve packs, Teddy Grahams, and Animal Crackers. Good luck!

Mini ice cream sandwiches? (I've even seen them in a soy version) Small plastic cups of ice cream? Frozen Gogurts? They are more expensive but I've also seen chocolate covered frozen bananas on sticks in the freezer section. Small popsicles are available as well. Good luck to you!

Graham crackers dipped in applesauce. My son loves it.

Teddy grahams is a good idea; they even have chocolate flavored ones. You can also do popcorn, cheese and crackers (you can buy cheese that is sliced into shapes), string cheese, bagels, applesauce, fruit cups, and maybe even the jello cups with fruit in them (not all preschoolers like having fruit in their jello, though).

You should also be allowed to send home a goody item or bag for each child. Pencils, stickers, coloring book...

here's what I don't get: the kids can have pudding....but not ice cream? Both are made with dairy products, both are sugar-laden.....so what's the difference?

I understand the "no deli"....dairy products, cross-contamination with nuts.
I understand the "no homemade"....dairy, cross-contam, + unsanitary home practices.
BUT I don't get the ....it's okay for prepackaged grah crackers, Teddy Grahams, etc............vs. no cupcakes, etc Aren't cookies just as sweet as cupcakes? & cookies are made with dairy, too. Why are prepackaged cookie products okay & prepackaged cupcakes are not? Help me understand!

Anyway, what about a marshmallow fluff dip.....but avoid the cream cheese (that's normally mixed in) because of dairy issues? Use the marshmallow with fruit & grah crackers.

A watermelon boat, castle, etc.....filled with fruit salad.
Grah crackers spread with canned frosting & decorated with sprinkles.
Slices of banana, coated with sundae sprinkles. Kids love them!
Smores made in the microwave at school.

Wow...I am glad that I raised my children before all of these regulations...I can understand the need for them but it sure does complicate things, doesn't it ??
How about apples, that can be sliced and served with yogurt for a dip?
There are some great prepackaged fruits in the canned fruit aisle
100 calorie snack packs of cookies, chips, rice cakes, etc
Individual juice packs
Give your daughter a few choices and see which one appeals to her!!!

You can freeze Gogurts to make it seem a little more like ice cream. It is also easier for the little ones to eat as it doesn't drip all over the place.

I have not read any of the other responses, but here is what I thought of. How about like the whole worms in dirt snack. It is chocolate pudding with gummy worms and crushed up oreos for the dirt on top? you can do individual pudding cups and a package of gummy worms and a package of oreos~ Good luck and have fun with it~
ok so i just remembered that you said no candy, but i mean if they can have pudding why not a gummy worm for someones birthday? good luck~

1 / 3