Snacks for 5 and 6 Year Olds

Hello all. My son has snack week coming up. The teacher picks a child every week to bring snacks for the class for the whole week. The first time it was his turn he brought gold fish, pretzels and snack mix. But I would like to do something else this time. But cant really think of anything. It cant be messy or something that might take alot of clean up time in class. So ladys any ideas? I would be so greatful for any and all ideas.

Thanks everyone for the great ideas. We was able to pick up something for all five days.

Pita chips , bagel chips , dried fruits such as raisins , apricots , banana slices (you could mix those together). Fresh bananas sliced and sprinkled with nestle chocolate milk powder. Fresh baby carrots/celery sticks.

Hope this helps a little

We get the prepackaged apples that come in individual packages at Sam's or Wal Mart. You can also get individual prepackaged veggies/dip. I also send cheese and crackers often with my son's class and they love it.

We are assigned to bring Kindergarten snack next week, and I'm bringing carrot sticks, string cheese and wheat crackers. I figure that covers the bases with carb, fiber, protein and a little fat, so it will keep them full and not make them go on a sugar high. =)

Cheese cubes or string cheese...

Cheese sticks
cut up fruit
snack bars
dried fruit (raisins, cranberries, apricots)

Hope this helps a little

Fruit kabobs
string cheese
mini sandwiches cut with cookie cutters
any variety of crackers (animal, ritz, graham, club, etc)
yogurt, fruit and granola parfaits (homemade are easy)

I am the one who hands out the snack at school, so just make sure they can open it by themselves or it is pre-packaged. Bagels and cream cheese have been a hit in our class and I appreciate when it is already spread on. One mom popped popcorn, but packaged them individually so there was not a big mess trying to hand it out. My kiddos love the big pretzel rods, fruit roll ups, gummies, cut up watermelon, grapes (washed and cut into clusters really helps me out), boxed raisins and granola bars.

I also appreciate when there are a few more snacks than one per kid. I have had several times when someone tried to open something or fell down and it ended up in the wood chips and the child was left with nothing to eat. We save the snacks we can and if someone has forgotten it was their turn for snack we have extra for the day.

We have a snack day once a month... my daughter usually picks what she wants to take. But we have done pretzel rods w/ string cheese (a few times), fig newton bars, cereal bars, cupcakes, cookies, and granola bars. I usually also send in something for the kids to drink, but we don't have to. My daughter has also like when they get dry cereals like Fruit Loops.

I can't emagen trying to do snacks for 20+ kids for a whole week... the once a month is hard enough on the budget for us. I guess it works out to be about the same amount of snack days by the end of the year though.

1 / 3