Snack/finger Food Suggestions for Kids Christmas Party

I am hosting a Kids Christmas Project, where kids can come and make a present for a parent, grandparent, etc. Other than cookies and chips, does anyone have cute, yummy snack suggestions for little fingers and big tummies, prefer to keep a holiday theme if possible but not mandatory!

I have thought of ants on a log
pigs in a blanket
and of course cookies
and punch

Here is a really cute snack that my kindergarten students loved making. These ingredients can be modified due to allergies or preferences. I second the finger food trays...my kids have always loved the shaped cheeses.

Reindeer Sandwiches

Ingredients:
whole wheat bread
peanut butter
raisins
red apple slices
pretzel sticks
M&M's

Directions:

You can precut the bread and make a sample because these are simple for the kids to make and they disappear fast.

Cut the bread into triangles(1/2 for 1 large reindeer or 1/4 for 2 small ones.) Spread peanut butter on two of the triangles. Decorate with raisins for eyes, a slice of red apple for the mouth, a m&m for the nose, and pretzels for the antlers.

Christmas Tree
Ingredients:
Sugar Cone
Icing colored green with food coloring
M&M's, gumdrops, raisins, string licorice any small treats to decorate the tree.

Directions:
Take one cone and spread the icing on it. Place the cone on a plate point side up and allow kids to decorate with the treats. Enjoy!

I've always found really neat ideas at http://familyfun.go.com/ if you need others.

Good Luck,

Hi T.,
Something I've done that my kids love is to make fruit kabobs. I just use a kabob stick and put on different fruits they like, and it's fun and nutritious. If you're serving it to really little ones, you may want to either use the plastic sticks or cut off the sharp point at the top. Hope this helps and it sounds like a really cool idea.

you could buy styrofoam cones from a craft store, then use toothpicks and gumdrops to make gumdrop Christmas trees. Then the kids can pull off the gumdrops one at a time. They turn out really cute, not that hard to make, and the shiny gumdrops look pretty, too :) this is a great question, as I've signed up to help w/ the Christmas party at my son's l school this year, so I'll keep checking in to see more great ideas; LOVE the Christmas Crunch idea! :)

Reindeer Sandwiches

Ingredients:
whole wheat bread
peanut butter
raisins
red apple slices
pretzel sticks
M&M's

Directions:

Christmas Tree
Ingredients:
Sugar Cone
Icing colored green with food coloring

Directions:

Good Luck,

During the holidays, I make something for my kids' class parties that we call "Christmas Crunch". Here's the very simple recipe:

1 large box Fruit Loops cereal
1 bag pretzel sticks (or the loopy kind if you prefer)
1 package vanilla(or white chocolate)almond bark
1 jar salted peanuts

Melt the bark in a large saucepan stirring constantly. Pour entire box of fruit loops into a stockpot. Pour pretzels and peanuts in until you think the mixture looks good. If you like lots of peanuts or lots of pretzels...whatever you like best. Mix all dry ingredients together. Then, pour the melted chocolate over and stir until everything is coated well. Then, dump mixture onto wax paper and let it set for about 10 minutes (the chocolate turns white when it's done). Looks adorable in little individual christmas treat bags! This is the yummiest, most addictive thing EVER! =0) You can get creative with it and use different mixtures too. Like my daughter's class can't have anything with peanuts because of a child's allergy. I like it just as well w/o the peanuts. You could use M&M's, or rice chex....it's good no matter what and the kids LOVE IT!

My students in 2nd grade did Melanie's idea last year. It went over wonderfully. :)

Our family calls this monkey munch but you could call it elf munch for Christmas. Mix one box of granola with raisins, peanuts and m&m's. Serve in small christmas dixie cups on a platter.

Hi T.,

red/green jello jigglers cookie cut outs christmas theme

i found this website that might help you out they had some really cute things! http://familyfun.go.com/recipes/special/specialfeature/ho...

1 / 3