??Slow Cooker Ham with Cola and Brown Sugar

Hi moms,
I cooked a ham in a slow cooker with brown sugar and I think cola which turned out wonderfully but that was so long ago I can't remember the specifics. Plus I don't remember what kind of ham I had then.

I have a bone in 6 lb "ready to cook" ham and need help to know how long to cook it in a slow cooker and what if anything else I need to do except rub it with cola and brown sugar.
Thanks for any help in advance

Pineapple, syrup & brown sugar are really good on ham. cook until the meat gets 140' i think

Is this the one you are looking for? I left the recipe as-is, but I often leave out the dry mustard, or even use prepared yellow mustard for a slightly different flavor, and I always dump the whole 12-oz. can of cola in the crockpot rather than measuring out 1/2 cup. I have used this recipe with ready-to-cook hams before--just be sure it cooks for a full 8 hours (I do 2 hours on high and 6 on low for a 5-lb. ham), and the inside is thoroughly cooked. Since your ham is larger than the recipe states, I would also double the ingredients. :-)

SLOW COOKER HAM
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 tsp dry mustard
1/2 cup cola (Coca Cola, Dr. Pepper, etc.)
3 to 4 pound pre-cooked ham

Combine brown sugar and mustard. Moisten with just enough cola to make a smooth paste. Reserve remaining cola. Score the ham with shallow slashes in a diamond pattern. Rub ham with paste mixture. Place ham in slow cooker/Crock Pot and add remaining cola. Cover and cook on high for 1 hour, then turn to low and cook for 6 to 7 hours. Serves 9 to 12.
Note: A 5-6 pound ham could be cooked in a larger slow cooker. Cook for 1 hour on high, then 8 to 10 hours on low.

HTH!
--A.

P.S. Also found this recipe--sounds yummy, too. Again, with a larger ham, it will likely take longer to cook.

CROCKPOT HAM
1 large can of crushed pineapple or pineapple rings
1 cup of brown sugar
1 Ham (3-4 lbs.)
1 can of Coke

1- Place ham in crockpot.
2- Pour pineapple over the top of it
3- In saucepan pour 1 cup brown sugar and one can Coke. Heat till sugar disolved. Pour over ham.
4- Cover and cook on low for 5 hours. Start it on med high and move to low when starts looking done.

Go to www.allrecipes.com and go an ingredient search. I would bet that you would find something similar to what you are looking for. Good Luck!

I to would be interested in this

http://www.alanskitchen.com/SLOW_COOKER/PORK/Ham/Ham_Cola...

I typed in "ham in slow cooker with brown sugar cola" and quite a few different search pages came up. But here is one of them. It sounded good and I've never tried it, so I wanted to find a recipe too.

1 / 3