Slight Bleeding During Pregnancy

I am 19 weeks pregnant and this evening after going to the bathroom I noticed a slight discoloration, a pink bleeding. I have had slight bleeding or discoloration in past pregnancies and all has been well, so I am not concerned. In fact, I know this is quite normal. I just wondered if anyone knows WHY this happens. I've noticed it occurs when I have slight cramping, which I assume are small contractions in my uterus. Does anyone have medical knowledge as to why/how slight pregnancy bleeding occurs?

It turns out I am dehydrated. I live in Las Vegas, NV and the climate is sapping my water supply. I had an ultra sound and the baby only has half of the amniotic fluid that she is suppose to have and is measuring 10 days too small. The Doc put me on drinking a gallon of water a day and rest. Not an easy feet day after day! But SO WORTH IT! I opted not to take the chromosome testing which was another possible explanation for the low fluid and small size of the baby. I've heard so many stories of it still not being completely accurate that I just cant put myself through the stress my entire pregnancy. What will be will be.

Thank you for all of your wonderful responses! I felt your love and concern and it brightened a gloomy day!

I had that with my first pregnancy and was told that i bruised my uterus (sp?) by bumping my belly while pulling weeds and kept pressing my belly against a retaining wall. I also had a different problem with my third pregnancy and was diagnosed with partial previa (the lining on the uterus was not going all the way around). For both, the recommendation was to take it easier. Good luck.

Hi B.,
I bled during my pregnancies also(I have 2 kids, ages 10 and 12) and the doctor said it may have to do with physical activity. i am a dance/group ex instructor and being pregnant didnt slow me down! So I suspect with your 5 kids 6th on the way you are probably moving alot too. Good luck with your brood, and have a great delivery!

There are different reasons for bleeding during each stages of pregnancy.sometimes can be serious therefore you need to consult your provider for evaluation who will be able to diagnose why you are bleeding.meanwhile you should have pelvic rest and go to ER if you are bleeding more or cramping get stronger.good luck......hopefully your bleeding will stop and your provider will assure you there is nothing to worry about.

Vaginal bleeding can occur during pregnancy for many reasons. http://www.healthywomenguide.com/bleeding-during-pregnanc... This can be a very frightening experience for an expectant mom. If you experience any bleeding during pregnancy contact your doctor immediately. Some women will have light bleeding during early pregnancy. Twenty to twenty-five percent of women have spotting or bleeding during pregnancy. Half of these women go on to have no other problems due to the bleeding.

I would call and check with my doctor. I was just reading how pink spotting and cramping are signs of late miscarriage. Most likely it's nothing since you've had bleeding before in your pregnancies but it's best to get it checked. I'm sure you don't get a lot of sit down time and/or rest so your body could be reacting. Just best to talk to your doctor or midwife. Just to check. It can't hurt right? We are one of the protectors of these little unborn babies...

I had a similar problem during my 25th week and I found out that I was dehydrated. My doctor said when I cramp or have contrations, even if I've had 8 glasses of water, my body needs way more and I use way more during pregnancy and get dehydrated faster than everyone else. I'm not sure what climate you live in,but I live in southern California in the Valley so all I do is drink drink drink! Oh, and NO caffiene has helped a ton!
Jen

B.,

I had slight spotting with both of my pregnancies in the first trimester. It always happened after intercourse. My dr said in both instances that it wasn't that big of a deal, but as a precaution she advised me not to have sex until after the first trimester. I know you are a little bit further along. I would contact your ob and just let them know. They will tell you if you need to come in and have it checked out or whether you shouldn't worry about it. Good luck!

I dont know anything about the bleeding. i just wanted to tell you it sounds like you have a wonderful family. i love the age diffences in your children. congradulations.

1 / 3