SLEEPOVER With TEEN Boy and Girls ??? What Do You Think ?

My 14 year old daughter wants to have 3 kids over from school to work on a project, but the issue at hand is this - one of the 3 teens is a boy (the other two girls). She wants to have them all stay over for a sleepover at our house. My daughter tells me this boy is not a pervert and is very nice, but I still have reservations about having 3 teen girls and one teen boy sleeping over all in the same room. I would like your advice on this, what you think is the right thing to do.....She keeps bugging me saying she thinks its no problem, but I have never been in this situation before. Thanks for your advice.

************
Update: Thank you all for your replies, the overwhelming response was NO way in hell.... the truth is I agree fully with that, but it seems having a teen daughter in this day and age, she often twists things to make me feel like my choices are not correct for the era we live in - you would think I lived during prehistoric times by the way I get these looks from her. I just wanted a confirmation that what I was feeling about this (a big no) was o.k. and not 'outdated' or something. Thanks for your support on this.....

Nope, sorry.
Why is the 14 yo. calling the shots anyway? What about the other kid's parents?
She thinks it's no problem because she is a child...and children don't know very much.

NEVER!!! Even if they are all nice, great kids that would never do anything wrong, why put them in that situation. No sleepovers equals no drama or risk of anything happening. And trust me, things happen... even to good kids!!

NO!!!
Even if he had a room to himself, NO!!
Even if you knew without a doubt that NOTHING would happen: NO!!
There would be NO END to the rumors and gossiping spread through their school.....

A co-ed sleep over was how my 15 year old niece got pregnant!!!! Her parents were cool too!!

This doesn't make any sense to me. Even if it were a WORK project that's not necessary to have ANYBODY sleep over.

I see more goofing off going on than anything hence making this even MORE pointless.

HUGE EDIT...I just read some of your past questions. ARE YOU F-ING KIDDING ME? That kid seems to be driving you crazy and you THINK this is even an OPTION with her past behavior? She'd be LUCKY to even have ONE friend over for more than TWO HOURS. This is the kind of stuff that lands people on "Dr. Phil" and who wants THAT?!

Nope, sorry.

I'm failing to make the "working on a project" to "sleepover" connection in my brain!!!

No way, no how. I do agree that you can let your daughter know that you do trust her, but that this is just not an appropriate scenario. I can't believe any other moms would let their daughters stay there knowing this. I know I wouldn't let my daughter. Your daughter hasn't done anything wrong, I'm sure she does think it's fine. That's why you get to be the mom! :-)

I remember being 14......... and uhm.... NO WAY should the he sleep over. It's not about him being a 'pervert', there are some little girls out there just as bad. I'm not saying anything bad about your daughter I'm just saying, boys aren't the only ones that can have thoughts of the opposite sex. And it's not about trusting your daughter. They're kids. Good luck.

Over my dead body - SHE might think it's not a problem, but she's being very naive. Would your parents have allowed it for you? What does her father think? And what about the parents of the other girls?

You need to just be the parent and tell her no way, no how - don't let her create any self-doubt in your mind. Boy can come over for "working on the project" but he needs to go home for the night. Just the girls should stay.

"The problem with putting kids in the drivers seat is they make lousy drivers."

ETA: My husband had sex for the first time as a 13 year old boy. And he wasn't a pervert either - just a normal 13 year old boy, given the opportunity.

1 / 3