Sledding with Babies

We would like to take our 8 1/2 month old daughter to the snow and do a little sled riding on very gentle slopes, nothing steep or crazy. Does anyone know of any good places around. We were thinking of somewhere around Big Bear, but are open to all ideas. I haven't been able to find much info except on two intertube snow parks in Big Bear where you have to be 2 years old. We're just looking for somewhere to sit on a saucer and gently give our daughter the idea of sledding. Thanks in advance for any advice on where we can do this.

I'm not sure where you live, but my son's school has a Snow play day fundraiser on 02/07/09. It's at Lincoln Elem in Torrance. They will have snow and have sledding as an activity. Come on out. It will be cheap and give you an idea if you're daughter may like sledding (just bring a sled). There's a silent auction and food for sale, so that's where the fundraising comes in. On another note, we went to Mt. Baldy for sledding recently. There's a snow play area you can pay for or just drive up and you will see some people sledding also near the campsites. Make sure you get a parking pass for $5 or you'll get a ticket. The kids had fun & my 17 month year old had a blast. We liked it since it was only 1 hour away & it wasn't too bad to get there. Just check the Mt Baldy website for chain needs and weather. Enjoy & good luck!

We took our daughter to Mt. Baldy when she was 3. It was a pretty great trip that she still talks about. It's mellow, but definitely has some slopey parts. I'd check to see if they've got snow.

We went to Snow Valley near Big Bear area and I just want to warn you about the traffic. Where ever you decide to go, try to get on the road early and bring snow chains if you have them. Check the route and the potential for gridlock. Snow Valley has one lane of traffic that took FOREVER! We had a blast once we got there and if you look around you can get free tickets. Some local car dealerships were giving them out.

Have Fun!

I remember going to fraser park off the 5 freeway when I was little. It is a good little place to take kids to "see" snow.

1 / 3