Sledding - Ballston Spa,NY

I am new to the area, and would like to take my two girls sledding. I live in ballston spa, and cannot find a sledding hill anywhere. please help

Thanks

Hi, most people go to the local school or golf courses. I live in Johnstown which is not too far from you. You could also check Congress park in Saratoga, I don't know how the hills are there. Good luck, the best is to find a friend who has a hill in the backyard. (then you can stay warm!)

Hey P.- there is a good hill behind Wood Road- the elementary school and some people sled across the street from Hannaford.

Hi P.,
Welcome! There is a good hill at Woods Hollow nature preserve at the north end of town. It is off of Rowland Ave. and North Line Rd. There is a little walk in to a sand pit where there is good sledding. If you go to the North Line Rd. entrance, the pit is right there. If you want to venture a little farther, there is a big hill at the Glendale Nursing Home on Hetcheltown Rd., just south of Burnt Hills. Have fun!

We haven't been there in a few winters, but one of our favorite places for outdoor adventure is the Saratoga
Battlefield. It's a National Park with visitors center open all year. Interesting history, warm bathrooms.
There is a big hill on the Hudson River side of the center.
There are also trails to snowshoe or ski. Plenty of deer and other wildlife to be seen. We think its worth the drive. Have fun!

1 / 3