Skinny “Mom” Jeans?

I really love the look of the Skinny jeans that are in style right now. I have a few pair of boots that look really great over leggings and I think they’d look great over skinny jeans too.

Terrific. What’s the problem, right?

Well, it seems like most of the skinny jeans in the stores are “low rise” and I mean LOW! I’m a mom, so I need something that comes up a little higher to cover my “baby bump”. I’m not talking Urkle pants here, just something that won’t give me a muffin top! I’m not really a “Plus size” or Woman’s size… I’m a fairly average size 10/12, so it’s not really the size that is the problem, really just the rise/cut of the jeans.

Has anyone found some Skinny jeans that they love that are flattering in the mommy belly area? (and maybe even, just maybe, doesn’t show the world your underwear every time you lean over?) Where did you find them?

Yes! I have been on the search for over a year now and have settled on these http://www.gap.com/browse/product.do?pid=818202002&ti... I really like these high rise skinny jeans from Gap. I suggest going one size up.

I got mine at JCPenny's they aren't too low rise either, but a nice fit. but I also wear a little bit of longer shirts with them too.

I like the skinny jeans from Aeropostale. I believe they are a mid-rise.

I don't like skinny jeans on me. I'm 5'1 and 140 pds. I just had my fourth baby and after trying on my 17 year old sister's skinny jeans I hated it. I love the look for people who are a size 3 like her, but on me I noticed that it really accents the hips and stomach, it will make you look bigger than you are, or at least it does for me.
I love small bellbottoms. Not like the ones they wore in the 70s, the newer ones that just flair to the end of the sneaker. I think it takes attention off the hips, also to avoid the muffin top try to get the stretchy type of jean.
One last solution is what I do. I wear a black.. um not sure what it's called, it covers my stomach, goes over my shoulders and almost down to my knees. It's actually really comfortable and although it doesn't bring me down any pants sizes it really stops there from being any bulges anywhere.

You should try Not Your Daughter's Jeans-they even have a subtle, built in, tummy control. Nordstrom's has them.

You may need to move from the juniors shop to a woman's shop. Check every store you can and try them on. You can never really tell where they are going to hit. I've found some great jeans at Marshalls and TJ Maxx and Burlington Coat factory as well as several of the smaller stores around here but it's a process of getting out there and trying things on. Time consuming but worth finding a great pair of keeper jeans.

I am petite and wear something around a size 3 depending on the designer.

I love my Guess daredevils
Ii love Miss Me (mid range same maker as Rock Revival around $100/pr)
and Rock Revival (higher end Miss Me, around $150 and up)

Both Skinny and Straight in Miss Me and Rock Revival are great!

Yep-try the GAPS High Rise Skinny Jean
http://www.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=48607&vid=1&...

I have them and love them. GAP is always running a sale too. If you are looking for a Jegging Target had some with a higher rise.

I am a size 10 and wear the forever skinny jeans by Gap - just looked at the website though and they may have discontinued them. I highly recommend heading to the Gap! They have a ton of skinny styles and, like Mallory P. said, are always running sales.

I've had great luck with H&M. I don't wear skinny jeans (I just don't like the way they look on me), but I do love their boot cut jeans and they are higher at the waste too, maybe just below my belly button. Very comfy and stretchy too!

1 / 3