"Skinny" Carseats?

We're expecting baby #3 and our car's back seat is not-so-roomy (Suzuki XL-7)...in fact it's quite small. And getting a new/different car is not an option right now. In order to fit three car seats in (2 forward-facing, 5-point harness & 1 infant), I think we're going to need smaller or skinnier big-kid carseats. Do any of you have experience with "skinny" carseats? Which brands/styles would be the thinnest? The ones we have now definitely are NOT those fat & luxurious car seats I've seen. In fact, maybe they're the skinniest ones I've seen around, but before I go majorly shopping and researching, I thought I'd ask advice from you awesome moms.
TIA,
N.

Sunshine Kids Radians are thin and have 5 pt. harness. Britax Parkway Booster is also thin, but uses car's safety belts, not 5 pt. harness.

Radian Car Seats are "skinny" and can fit 3 across. We have the Radian 80 and love them. They are made of steel so very strong (and heavy). They do fold flat so make traveling with your own car seats more do-able. We have purchased from www.elitecarseats.com and prices/quality/service is good.

Everyone's already said exactly what I was going to say..the Sunshine Kids Radian car seats. http://www.skjp.com/products/97556/Car_Seats
I've got 3 kids and we've got 3 of these.
If you are a member of AAA you can get a 10% discount by shopping through the link off the AAA website in the "Discounts" tab at the top of the page. This with free shipping from Target is how I bought our 3. I have 2 in boosters and the baby in a rear facing.
These are the ones the Gosslins use from Jon & Kate plus 8 for their 8 kids to be able to fit everyone I learned.

I know everyone has already said it but get the Sunshine kids radian. It is one of the safest and it is super skinny. I can fit 3 across. I got my last one on Amazon with free shipping. Target also sells it and they offer free shipping all the time. If it doesn't work for you, it can be returned to the store.

Like everyone else has said. Get the Sunshine Kids Radian.

It may help to know that three Sunshine Kids Radian car seats can fit in the back of a Prius.

http://sunshinekidsbaby.com/?gclid=CP3uhavDjJ0CFSNQagodc0...

N.,

Check out Sunshine Kids. I have 3 carseats on one bench seat in my mini van. They are "skinny." You can go to their website directly or try Target online. I bought 2 from Target.
Pros: very thin, top ratings for safety, adjusts to your growing child. Cons: can be difficult to install, a little heavy.

Hope that helps.
A.

I know what you mean...I have three children and wanted the same. Safety was a must! My five yr old is in a booster w/seatbelt she is on her own since she was four and we have two sunshine kids Radiant XT's. They are pricey we had to get ours at Bergstroms just like the Britax with a great rating, all metal frame, airline safe, portable. Love them didn't think I would. I didn't follow the trend. Hope this helps and good luck

Mom of three 5, 2, and 15 months

N.,

Although you may get answers to your question about different brands to buy, what you are really asking is what carseats offer the least amount of protection for your children and can fit in your car. The less reinforcement and padding, the more likely your children will be severely injured or worse, in the event of an accident. It's NOT worth it. Invest in better carseats or get yourself into a lease for a bigger car. Your children are worth the investment of potentially saving their lives, aren't they?

Hi N.,
We have a pretty skinny one that you might check out if you don't have it already. Its a Recaro young sport. Its a bit pricey but the price is about equivalent to the Britax boulevard. Good luck with your carseat search!

Measure your seat! I have a suburban and the back row will NOT fit 3 forward facing car seats safely! It is 48" wide. Two forward and one reverse yes. If I buckle the reverse in using the lap belt every time, in the middle. It is VERY frustrating!! I have spent tons of money on car seats to find out they DO NOT FIT!! I have the Cosco booster, $60, it is 5pt harness as well as the booster, apx 17 1/2" wide. Work fine, not sure the rating..I had a britax booster, the foam on the head portion broke!! So..I went with something less costly this time so I could use it for more than one, with out replacing it before it "due date". Good Luck, I will be reading more to see what is suggested, as I will be in need of car seats for several more years!
Be sure that your new car seats will fit the third forward facing one too. It gets EXPENSIVE quick to have to purchase 2 new ones now, and in another year (when the baby goes forward) 3!