Skin Care Products That Are Safe to Use While Pregnant

My husband and I just found out that we are pregnant. Its still very early and we havent had our first doctor's appointment yet. What Im wondering is if the facial products Im currently using are okay to continue to use. Im currently using ProActive with Benzoyl Peroxide. I have been trying to switch to Arbonne products because they are botanical and I hear are very good for the skin, but I need something that works well with my Rosacea and occasional acne. The Arbonne line I want to use has Salicylic Acid 1%. The other line I want to use has anti-aging elements. I hear Salicylic Acid and Retinol based elements (anti-aging) should be avoided while pregnant, but then I also hear its ok to use if just the topical is used. I plan on asking my doctor but thought I would check and see if anyone else has used these products during pregnancy.

You might want to try Beauti Control i can send you some info & product to try
Give me a call or email me

Thanks
T. McGuire
###-###-####

Try asking a dermatologist. There are now topical solutions that you can add pigment to, so you can treat the skin issue and have make up in one application. Also, I have tried the mineral powders. I have very sensitive skin and have had problems with talc powders, oil based and water based products. The mineral powders do not make my skin breakout.

I used a salicylic acid product (neutrogena deep clean cleanser, and neutrogena's 'spot' acne products, also with the acid, when necessary) through both of my pregnancies. Absolutely no issues.

Congratulations on your pregnancy!! My doctor told me I could continue to use ProActiv while I was pregnant (both times). She also said NOT to use Salicylic Acid. As you mentioned, be sure to ask your doctor. Hope this helps & good luck!

I am pretty sure that hydrocortisone cream is safe, but definitely check with your dr. Some herbs/botanticals are not safe for pregnancy, so be careful with those too.

I would call your Dr's office. Most will answer those questions over the phone even if you haven't had your first visit. I called them all the time from skin care products to foods/meds and even activities. They were very nice and helpful. That way you will be on the same page for whatever YOUR personal DR recommends! Good luck and Congrats!!!

I have four children and used products with BHA(salicylic acid) in them while I was pregnant, I did ask my doctor I showed her the product I was using and she said there was no problem using them. I also have rosacea so I used a prescription cream for that as well, I use the products from this website www.cosmeticop.com I do not represent the company in any way I just love their products and there is some great advice about skincare on their website. Hope this helps.

This is years ago and we weren't using Retinol bases back then, but I continued to use the products I had always used during my pregnancies and I had two healthy children.
But then I continued to drink soda, tea, some coffee, took asprin for headaches, and cold medication if I got sick!
I looked back and realized my parents didn't stop drinking, smoking, eating, etc. and had two healthy children with no real handicaps (we both wear glasses now (I had measles so badly they were on my eye balls) but our father was extremely near-sided and all 4 grandparents wore glasses) my brother was intelligent enough to be appointed to West Point. My daughter is the only para-legal legal secretary for the state of New Jersey and my son was an A/B college student as well.
I will pray for you.

Salicylic acid is fine to use as long as it is only topical. I used it when I was pregnant and everything was fine. Retinol is ok as well as long as it is topical. You will be fine as long as it is used for the purpose of your skin only.

I am 31 and have been married for almost 12 yrs. We have 3 boys ages 10,7 and 4.

Just sort of as a "buyer beware," Salicylic Acid is basically aspirin. You know how they say that aspirin is dangerous for babies??

Honestly when I was pregnant, I used a cleanser that contained a small amount of Salicylic Acid since I rinsed it off. I would steer clear of anything that will be on your skin for a period of time as the skin will absorb it.

1 / 3