Skin Care - Proactiv for a 40 Year Old?

Hi moms, ok, I am 40 and have pimples. I have read that proactiv works for teens, but want to hear from any adult that has used it. How does it work for them? Also I hear that it will 'bleach' towels, is this true? Should I worry about pillow cases too?

Thanks

I did order Proactiv and have stared using. Its only been 3 days, but I do have improvement.
Thank you all!

I am 35 and have been using it for many years now. I read in a magazine about some celebrity who used it not because of severe acne but just to remain break-out free and keep skin clear. That was what I was looking for, especially when pregnancy and post-partum hormones caused skin issues, and it does the trick for me. I love it.

I used pro-active when I was a teenager...it didn't work at all. I'm 23 now and still have mild acne. I use this stuff from Melaleuca called Zap-it. It works so much better, and it's cheaper than pro-active. The only this is is you have to be a customer of theirs. I am a customer and I buy a ton of their products for me and my home. I've actually started with them from a wah business. Let me know if you have any other questions on it or want to know about the business, I would love to share it with you!

Arbonne's Clear Advantage line is awesome. Use the supplement especially to clear yourself up from the inside out. The supplement is the key.

I'm 45 and suffer from acne as well. Save your money and go to Walmart and buy a small bottle of off brand 10% benzoyl peroxide. Wash your face with a mild face soap before going to bed. Then moisturize lightly and apply a very light coat of the benzoyl peroxide on your problem areas trying very hard to apply it without rubbing into your face just gently apply. Do this nightly or every other night if your face gets too dry and itchy. It's works great if you keep it up as a routine and it's cheap.
Best Regards,

I have also experienced some sort of acne my entire life and started using Proactiv last fall. It has completely changed my life and I highly recommend it. I'm 37 and for the first time in my life, I'm not ashamed of my skin. In fact, I barely wear makeup now. I've never been a fan of it but always had to wear it to conceal blemishes, etc. Now, the improvement was gradual and not an overnight thing so if you do choose to use it, you may have to be patient but it's really worth it. It has ruined many of my towels and I think it's the cleanser that does it. So, now I just dry my face off with a white towel to play it safe. I use it sometimes 3 times a day but you may have to test it out to see how it works for you. Good luck!!

My husband uses proactiv - but doesn't follow the "plan" and does pretty well! I think it is well worth a try!
Our pillow cases look HORRIBLE!! They used to be a light green and are now yellow ick!! Small price to pay for a clear face!

Hi there. I'm not 40, but am an adult and have used Pro-active lots. Yes, it does work. I have talked to maybe 2 people that had a reaction to it. What I mean is, it just made their face red and didn't work for them. People are different and everyone is going to take to medication and topical cremes differently. I've used it for years, first thing in the morning and last thing at night. Never once has it bleached, or harmed anything. I have actually layed down on the bed when my face with still moist with the solution or the cream and all was fine. I start seeing results in about a day. All the pimples are not gone, but they begin to diminish. My only advice is, don't use it three times a day to start. Start with once a day at the end of the day and after a few days, try it twice a day. I end up using it only at night and always see results. Good luck!

If I were in your situation, the first thing I would do would be to see a dermatologist. Dr. Allen Menter at Baylor downtown is one of the best and FAR worth the drive. www.texasderm.com You also might want to have your hormone levels checked and watch your diet.

I have been seeing Dr. Menter and/or his PA's for years to maintain my skin and my 14 yr old daughter sees him or his PA's routinely as a proactive approach to avoid acne issues.

I have used Clinique since I was about 12 and my daughter uses the Acne solutions face wash. She uses it as a proactive approach to keep blemishes away.

Dr. Menter did give her a gel (Duac) to use regularly and (Differen) which is great for blackheads.

We both are very faithful with our skin routines. I do not look my age at all.

Clinique will also give you your money back if you are not satisified with the products.

1 / 3