Size 8-10 No Size 9!! - Zionsville,IN

I've always bought one size up, but I can't now that she's 8. It's 8/10, which to me is silly because 8 is too small and 10 is too long/big. What do you do if you're inbetween sizes like this??

This has been an issue with all three of my children!!! Unfortunately, with my girls, 18 and 16, there really wasn't a good solution, just did the best I could. A lot of times I had to order threw pennys catalog... Fortunately with my son, we are able to go to Childrens place. Seems to me the sizes run a little bigger and they fit better. Size 8 is great fit and has adjustable waist on just about every pair of pants I have bought from there.
Good Luck!!

Good Luck!!

Actually Sears and Pennys used to carry the children's sizes in 9, 10, 11, etc. I don't know if they still do or not. Most of the clothing marked 8-10 are actually 9's but I doubt many people know that.
I noticed different brands means the size is different as well so you are in the "try it on" area of life.
I know it sucks!

some department stores like JC Penny's have half sizes, that could help.

roll up or take up the sleeves and pant legs.

I have always had to have my daughters pants hemmed since about that size, and roll up the shirt sleeves. It is hard because they make girls clothes so tight...to get the right fit, seems like the pant legs and sleeves are too long unless you have long skinny legs! There are different brands that fit differently, but I never had much luck. Seems like as soon as the length starts to fit, they are too tight and I need to move her up again. She isn't heavy either, so I know what you mean! Good luck:)

T.,
There are some stores that do carry odd sizes like 9s. There are also slims or wides. You may just want to continue looking. I've always had that issue with my eight year old that just turned 9. What exactly are you trying to buy? Dresses or pants/skirts?

You cuff your pants and use a saftey pin to shrink the waist. Sadly clothes makers don't care and not every Mom is a seamstress.You could always put her back in a dress little girls are so precious in dresses.

girls grow so crazy, don't they...?? I have 3 girls..and its always been a size up w/ours too..Except w/my oldest. She's 13 now and she's so skinny, its not funny..We have a hard time finding her pants that fit in the waist. We always bought her size slim, but in some cases...not all brands make slims. So we're spending more time trying to find the smaller sizes and trying on clothes for probably 2hours alone. Than my 11 year old is more filled out than my 13 year old and buying her clothes is more easier...but more expensive. Than my 3year old has somewhat the same problem as my 13year old. She isn't really skinny, but she can't fit jeans that are her size or larger..but she can't fit the smaller size, because she has longer legs. So we have to either hem the pants or tighten the elastic half the time...or put elastic in them.

Good Luck T.. I hope you come to some conclusion.

1 / 3