Sip & See Menu Ideas

I'm hosting a Sip & See for my sister in a few weeks. The shower will be 'come and go' (per her request) and is from 2-5. Any simple, yet yummy food ideas?

Thanks in advance!

Thanks everyone for the ideas. Can't wait to try some of them!

Everytime we have a party, we serve fruit with a dip made from equal parts cream cheese and marshmallow creme. It's so easy and always a big hit.

A.
www.greenbabydiaperservice.com

I get a lot of my foods for parties at Sams and then my cakes at The cake stand in Down town McKinney. www.thecakestand.com
The cake stand make beautiful cupcakes like nothing I have ever seen as well.

I love to use umbrellas very colorful ones to decorate for showers.

If you need any special gifts (diaper cakes or custom gift basket or custom favors let me know.

A. J
www.celebritypartyfavors.com

I would have a veggie tray with dip and some fresh fruit as well as some queso in a small crock pot and salsa with tortilla chips.

H.,

This is one of my favorite drinks to serve at sip & sees and showers.

Almond Tea
3 T instant tea (unsweetened)
1 1/2 C sugar
2 C boiling water
12 oz can frozen lemonade
3 t vanilla extract
3 t almond extract

Mix tea and sugar. Pour in boiling water to dissolve tea, add all other ingredients. Combine 8 cups water. Serve over ice.

Easy to double or triple if you have more guests too. Enjoy!

HI I make these for every shower, sip N See, bridal shower,etc. They are always a HUGE hit and so easy!
You need:
1 pkg flour tortillas
2 blocks of cream cheese (softened)
2 cans of chopped green chilis (mild)

Mix green chilis and cream cheese until smooth, so you can spread it on the tortillas. Once you spread it on the tortillas roll them up. Place them in the fridge so the cream cheese will harden again. (atleast a couple of hours)
use a sharp bread knife and slice them into 1/2 peices. Lay them where you can see the swirl and they are attractive to present and SO yummy! I have even seen them made with a slice of thin ham in them.
Hope this helps!

I've never heard of a Sip and See- very intersting. I ahve a hsot assistant service that basically does all the running around so that you can sit back and enjoy your guest-s serving, detting up- replenishing food trays- making sure guest have drinks- etc.
So if we can be of service to you - please let me know.
Please fill me in on Sip and See's is it like an open house? I have a clam dip recipe that is always a winner and no one even thinks its clams:
2 cans of minced clams- retain juice of 1 can
sleeve and half of crushed ritz crackers-
lemon juice-1 good squirt
paprika
1 stick melted butter
half chopped onion
mix all incredients except paprika. put into class pie plate for oven use. Sprinkle with paprika.
Heat at 350 for about 20 minutes. Serve with Ritz Cracker- a winner everytime. I also have a great cream puff or cheesecake (ny) recipe if you would like it -
I think a colorful punch would be great with some sherbert floating atop.

D. SANSONE
PARTY ANGELS LTD.
www.partyangelsus.com
###-###-####

Sam's has these mini quiech's{sp?} that are really good- and cocktail weenies in a bisquit that you can dip in a honey-mustard is good and theres not alot of clean-up!

My late mother ran a tea party business here in town sip and sees are so much fun! Oh boy! i would recommend peti fours, simple tea cookies, ham cheese roll ups, stuff like that!

This is a good bread recipe and would perfect if she's having a girl!

Strawberry Bread & Spread
3 cups flour 4 eggs-well beaten
2 cups sugar 1 1/4 cups oil
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
2 10 pkgs thawed frozen strawberries, mashed up & drained
red food coloring
*Save 1/2 cup strawberry juice
8 oz cream cheese, softened

In a lg. bowl mix dry ingredients & make a hole in center. Mix other ingredients & pour in hole. Mix well by hand. DO NOT use mixer. Bake in 2 greased & floured X4X2 loaf pans at 350 for 1 hour.

Spread: 1/2 cup reserved juice
8 oz cream cheese, softened

Mix together in blender & refrigerate. Dribble spread over slice of bread.

You can arrange the sliced bread on a pretty platter and put your spread in a pretty crystal bowl with a spoon and let guest dribble their spread. Yummy!

1 / 3