Single Mom Looking for a Place to Rent

I am looking for a new place to live. The house I am in is wonderful but it is too expensive and the neighborhood is going down hill. I have a little boy who will turn 2 in August. My problem is, my credit is not good. I have always paid my rent though. I want to stay in the area I am in now - close to my moms and close to work. I would like to stay in the Klein/ Tomball school district. I would also like to pay under $1,000.00. I have a full time job which pays well and have been here for 2 years. Any advice would be great.

Still looking - nothing has changed! Found the cutest little place but there were 2 other applicants with better credit :(

K.,

I'm unsure of the price ,but have seen a couple of homes for rent in the Meadow Hill community...Off of 2920/Meadow Hill. Youll see a costume shop on 2920 and you turn to your right if your coming from 1-45. Meadow Hill is a quiet community in the Klein district.

My mom is a realator she can help you find what you want and need. Terry smith ###-###-#### Pam is her assistant she will also be able to help you. Tell them M. told you to call. I told them you might call. I hope this helps.

Good luck M.

There is a subdivision called Cottage Gardens on Bourdeux; i know there are some rental properties available but i am not sure what the rate is but it is considered Klein School district and the elementary school is less then 2 minutes away in the Glenlock Farms neighborhood.

I live off of Antoine (in the Klein school District). there is a house for rent on the same street I live on. I don't know how many bedrooms it is, but it looks nice from the outside. It has a big yard for your son to play in. It is on Breen. You would take 249 (from Tomball) to Antoine. Take a right go to the second light (Breen) and take a left. The house is bout 500 yards down on the left. It is a yellowish color with a For Rent sign in the drive. I hope this helps.

I just recently moved into the new apartments located at Northpointe Blvd. & Hwy 249. They are in the Tomball school district and the schools are wonderful. My son is in the 2nd grade at Willowcreek Elementary and we love it. The apartments are wonderful. Right now they have moving in specials since it is a new complex. With have a 3 bedroom because it is my son, myself and I moved my Dad out here from downtown. He helps me with my son since I am also a single mother. They have 1, 2 & 3 bedroom units. I know the longer the lease you sign the more of a break on rent you will receive. There number is ###-###-#### (Verde @ Northpointe). Good luck with your search. I hope this helps.
H. P.

Keep an eye on Craigslist (www.craigslist.org). There is a real estate section - and I always find good deals there - on everything. You can also try a real estate agent - they handle rentals as well as sales.

This may not be what you are asking for but my husband is a realtor, we just upgraded from a 3 bedroom to 4 a month ago and he was able to find us some really great deals. Having a realtor doesn't cost you any extra, realtor fees come out of your deposit, so really the land lord pays their fees. Whether you actually use a realtor or not you pay the deposit and it pays a realtor, that if you didn't use them didn't do any of the work for you. When we were looking, of course my husband knew exactly what we did and didn't want, but we looked 2 saturdays at about 3-5 houses each and we found a great house in the right neighborhood, for the price we wanted.
If you are interested his name is Jeff Killian he is part of har, tar and nar, all of the realtor connections. His # is ###-###-#### and you can go to his web site Jeffreykillian.com to look at properties.
Best of luck
H.

1 / 3