Simple Party Favor

I am looking for simple unisex party favor ideas. My daughters 5th birthday party is coming up and I was wondering if any of you had ideas on a single item unisex party favor in place of a 'goodie bag'. No candy.
Thanks in advance for your ideas.

I got these little buckets at Target. http://www.target.com/Imperial-Toys-Bucket-with-Tool/dp/B...
Simple, easy. Thanks for all the suggestions. I think next year I am going to forget about the 'goodie bag'! I like that idea.

Take a trip to Dollar Tree. They have 12 packs of mini bubbles in the wedding section. Also there are lots of pencils, erasers, crayons and packets of paper. Sometimes they carry bags of plastic toys or bouncy balls. The great thing about Dollar Tree is that everything is a buck.

I have used the bubbles as class giveaways for the holidays are my kids' school no longer allows sweets for treats.

We just did my daughter's 6th b-day party & had a water theme to it with both boys & girls, of all ages. We decided to do custom printed t-shirts for each of the kids with a design that matched the party. The kids loved them & the parents did too...& the great thing is that we spent about the same as we would have on a goodie bag with all the stuff that goes in them.

beach buckets, books, balls, bubbles, (hum lots of b's) coloring books jump rope. The fun is that they don't all have to be exactly the same. you can have some that appeal more to boys and some for girls and some in the middle.

The kids can decorate a picture frame and take it home with them as a favor. You could even send them a picture of the party to go in it when you send the thank you card.

any sort of arts and craft thing; markers and coloring book, playdough, paint and paper, a little kit, there are sooo many cute little things at the dollar tree or 99c only store

My girlfriend did a "Mad Science" party for her daughters 4th or 5th birthday and gave out Kids Science books. I loved the book so much, I bought the whole collection.

We usually go to one of the big party stores and just see what they have that we can give to all the kids.

They have a bunch of $1-$2 small craft kits at Michaels right now.

Or since summer is coming up, maybe a $1 sand bucket with some small pool/beach toys?

How about a ball? Beach ball shape, but the sturdier ones.

I just had a party for my daughter and didn't do goody bags either. I went to the 99 cent store and Dollar Tree store and purchased little unisex toys for each child. There are lots of summer toys out as well as bug kits, Mickey Mouse stationery items, etc. I just wrapped each of them up and the kids got to pick one out before they left. It was great, the kids loved it, there was no candy or little tiny toys that they'd lose in the car. Good luck with the party!

Hello J.,

What I did for my daughters 5th B-day party was instead of a bag of junk to throw away, I bought small puzzles in favorite topics. This is a unisex toy, inexpensive, you don't need a "bag" to put it in, they wound up with a gift instead of a bag! All the parents were happy because it was a learning "fun" thing without any sugar... just a thought!

Beach balls, hula hoops, sand bucket and shovel, fun noodles, inflatable rafts. All available at dollar stores. Aren't summer birthdays great? Lots of inexpensive water oriented options!

I used to make up little "treasure chests" from papier mache and fill them with colored plastic gems (from Michael's crafts) and some unmeltable candy (you can leave out the candy, kids love the gems alone). One of the party games was a treasure hunt and everyone got to unearth their own treasure from the sand.

Have fun!

1 / 3