Silly Question: Toddler Has a Very Hairy back...anyone Else?

Ok, so I've just never seen this before on a toddler. My son has a very hairy back. It's fine hair, but it's dark. Right down his spine it's more prevalent a little lighter on the sides of his back. Anyone else have a toddler with a hairy back? Did it go away?

I'm not concerned, just curious.

Well, my husband (his father) and grandfather are both very hairy and so I assume that my son is going to be a little hairy guy growing up which is perfectly fine with me. I love it and I love the little swirly on his spine. I hope he doesn't catch too much grief for it but I wouldn't change it. Thanks!

When my son was born my husband FREAKED out because he looked like a gorilla! Hair on his ears,back,full head of hair etc. He actually has a calic of hair on his back, it forms a perfect circle and it's genetic...His dad and grandad are hairy beasts so don't worry perfectly normal....I LOVE my hubby's hair!!!

My neighbor's little girls had this... fine but dark hair in a little pattern all over her back. She lost it - not sure when but now she runs around w/ tank tops and you can't see a hint of it. :)

One of my sons has fine hair on his back. I heard that it would fall out, but he is almost 6 and it looks the same. I believe it is a sign that he will be more rather than less hairy when he is older. His pediatrician noticed it and smiled about it. My husband and I are pretty hairless except on top of the our heads, but I do have at least one hairy uncle.

Just Like Grandma T said...it will go away. My daughter was a hairy little one, maybe the latina in her. She also had to get full blown haircuts at six months old. So lots and lots of hair, nothing ever fell out. But it went away

LOL! My son has always had a little "fur" since the day he was born. Then we've noticed that he has very dark, sometimes wiry-looking hair on his shoulders, back, and thighs. He's 3 years old now, and it hasn't gone away since. I just tease my hubby & say he's going to be growing a mustache or having 5 o'clock shadow in Kindergarten!

My son has the exact same thing. He also had dark hair on the sides of his ears when he was born. That went away, but the hair on his back (and arms) seems to be there to stay. He's four now. His dad is extremely hairy, so that's where he got it from.

It will go away :)
My stepson looked like a little monkey when he was born. It all comes off.
He is now a fairly hairy man tho, so it could be a sign. He will lose it by age 2 tho so dont stress.

my lil sis had a harry back around 2 and it totally went away.

1 / 3