Silly Question - Quick Trips to Target, Etc

Fellow moms and I are discussing something (and a few dads are chiming in....)

When you need to run into Target or a similar establishment to grab a few things and you are alone except for the kids, what do you do with the small baby? Leave him/her in the car seat and just carry the car seat in and put the seat in one of the carts? Haul the huge heavy stroller out and push him/her in that? Just carry him/her in your arms?

When my baby was smaller, I would usually take the car seat in and put it on the top of the cart where you push. Around 3 months when he could carry his own head and sit up, I would sometimes just hold him so he would not get fussy and see everything. The car seat is the way to go, though!

I put the little baby in the carseat on the cart. I have tried just using the stroller, but trying to cram a huge pack of paper towels in the bottom isnt easy. The carseats I have had have a notch in the bottom that fits nicely on the front part of the cart.

Sigh, I don't have a 'little one' any more. :(
Can I borrow yours next time I need to run to Target?

When my kids were little (babies), car seats were not the kind of thing you just took out of the car and put in a cart, or converting into a stroller. You HAD to get the (oh so peacefully sleeping and FINALLY) baby out of the car seat and into one of those infant carts (do they still have them?) or into a carriage and say a little prayer 'please GOD LET THIS BABY SLEEP THROUGH THEN ENTIRE TRIP TO TARGET AND BACK JUST SO I CAN HAVE ONE SINGLE UNINTERUPTED THOUGHT IN MY HEAD BEFORE I GET HOME TO THE MADHOUSE!'

:)

car seat on the cart.

I would keep them in the car seat and just lock it into the shopping cart :-)

i agree, take the seat out and put it in the cart....much easier than dragging out the stroller

I just used to carry my son in the car seat you can take out of the car and put it on the cart. Its heavy but its a lot easier then, carrying him, or taking out the stroller just to put him back in it in a few minutes.

I have twin infants..if its just me (which it usually is) they both stay in their carseat and i just stick them in the cart. If someone is with me i sometimes use the stroller.

1 / 3