Silly Ipod Question

My cousin gave me her old Ipod b/c she got a newer one and it has a about 20 songs on it. Please keep in mind that I am dumb when it comes to this stuff, but is there anyway to download free music? I do know there is Itune cards I can buy at the store to purchase songs off I tunes and thats what I was planning on doing, but just wanted to check first. I am technically challenged and have never had an mp3, smart ph, apple anything, lol. Thanks!

Thank you! I had no idea about the cd to ipod feature and thats great!!

Do you have CD's at home? You can load them onto your computer into iTunes and put the playlist on your ipod. We rarely buy music from iTunes. My husband has hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of CD's. He still buys them. He doesn't want A song by an artist, he wants the whole album.

Then he loads it onto the computer into itunes and can pick and choose which songs to put on his ipod. Or play music in the family room from genius generated automatically from ALLLL of his music.

If you don't have a huge CD collection, you borrow them from your local library.

I agree with Victoria W's answer. I would import a Cd into my itunes library then unchecked the songs I don't want on my ipod. It's an easy free way to get songs if you already have the Cd.

I just wanted to add that you don't need to buy an itunes card to buy from itunes. Maybe you already know that tho ;-) Just set up an account & it will charge to your credit card. I just buy a new song here or there if something comes out that I really love. I find it easier. Enjoy your "new" ipod!

Through some public libraries you can link you to "freegal" (free legal). You can download 3 songs each week for free per library card. My family has 3 library cards so we can download 9 songs each week. They have some new songs, but definitely not everything. Lots of older stuff. You need to go to your library website to see if they have an agreement with them.

1 / 3