Silliness Leads to Silly Putty on the Comforter - Help Get It Out?

I brought home two plastic eggs with silly putty from a recent seminar. Surprisingly my big 10 and 13 year old daughters loved them. Not surprisingly, they fought over them. One morning we awoke to find neon orange silly putty on the comforter as the 13 year old had fallen asleep clinging to it in her hands.
Will the iron with paper bag work? I'm afraid to smear more orange on the beige comforter. Will the WD40 just make a bigger stain? I can live with the orange but thought I'd give it a shot. Thanks!

I had the same mess on my carpet. I used Shaklee's Basic H2 cleaner and it just balled up and came right off. Since this is an organic cleaner, it doesn't leave any residue or smell that other things like goo-gone can leave. I would be happy to send you a sample to try this out. Or you can order it through my member perks at T.'s Shaklee Distributor.

I would try Goo Gone personally. However, other sources suggest ice, Plumbers Putty Removal, WD-40, Pam, Vaseline, Lestoil, Spot Shot, nail polish remover, and rubbing alcohol. I hope you get it out!

Try ice or better yet contact the silly putty makers and aks them what is best! if you ever get gum stuck in hair or anything ice also works for fabric but mom put peanut butter in our hair it breaks it up and begins to disolve it so you dont have to cut it out just shampoo it. good luck

Try the sae things to get it out that you would use for bubble gum. First try freezing it with ice cubes. When it is frozen thru, it should peel off. IF you have room in your freezer and the ice doesn't work, you can freeze the entire comfortor. Goo-B-Gone (harware area in Walmart) might work too. I have used it successfully on fabric but you have to test it to make sure it doesn't stain.

I'd try the ice first. It takes a while and some patience to freeze it all the way thru. You might try thinning it out if it is real thick before you try freezing it.

This happened to me... If I recall the best thing was ice, wet the spots in cold water then rub ice on it and then I had to scrape it off. It was not fun... Good luck. J.

I have recently had a similiar problem. Try the product "Goo Gone". You can find it at HEB or Home Depot. After you get the sticky stuff, use "Greased Lightning" to work on the stain removal. Good Luck!!

We got silly putty on pjs that went into the wash and dryer- so they were really "baked in". I poured a bit of rubbing alcohol on the spots and rubbed them off with a butter knife. It worked great.
:-) A.

1 / 3