Sign to Hang on Door About Germs/new Baby

We are expecting a new baby the end of November and my husband will be returning from a deployment shortly after, so we are anticipating a lot of visitors at our house. I can be pushy when needed, but I would like to hang a cute sign on the front door reminding people to wash their hands before holding the baby and to keep their distance if they feel sick at all.

Does anyone have any idea for cute wording for a sign? I can't seem to come up with anything on my own...

Thank you!

Thanks for the responses.

3rd baby. It makes much more sense to put the sign inside the house, not sure why my brain didn't go there first. I still plan on hanging a sign inside the door and placing hand sanitizer below it, and then will double check and remind as necessary. I agree it is common sense to wash hands before holding a newborn, but I am also realistic and know it doesn't always happen. My daughter caught a cold her first week of life and I am nervous this time but I don't want to completely shut people out of our house.

I truly appreciate the people who tried to come up with a cute saying for me. I can be very blunt, but sometimes it is a little nicer and more polite to "remind" people before I start yelling...

WASH YOU DAMN HANDS!!!!!! and ANYONE WHO SMELLS LIKE SMOKE WILL NOT BE PERMITTED TO HOLD THE BABY!!!!!

that should cover it. lol

I would not put a sign on my front door advertising I have a new baby inside... :(
I did put a bottle of hand sanitizer on a bookcase right inside my door.

Congrats!

It doesnt have to be cute. I kept a bottle or 2 of hand sanitizer in everyroom. When someone went for the baby, I would hand them a bottle.

But, I have been called psycho on several occasions. Dont care, MY BABY!

I have no idea how to "cutely" say:

" Wash your grubby mitts before ya touch my pristine baby! Sick people... geeze!"

but... get lots of those squirty containers of hand disinfectant (put one in every room) and just nicely ask people " hey could you wash your hands when you come in before handling the baby?"

When I go to visit a newborn, the first thing i do after I walk in the house is wash my hands... Most people get it. If someone is sick, but is an important person who needs to meet the baby, have a handful of disposable face masks around.

-M.

I would hope anyone who has ever had a new baby always washes their hands before holding a newborn.

Otherwise, just hand them the Purell or tell them where the nearest sink is.

I would not put a sign as the first thing people see, reminding them you do not think they are clean.. It just seems a bit paranoid and a little rude, even though you do not intend it to be.

I just handed them a squirt of purel before I handed them the baby.

"Please wash your hands before you touch mine." ?

Or "Clean Hands Before Cuddles Please!" ?

"Wanna hold me?
I won't mind.
Wash your hands first.
Be so kind!" ?

Have it say..You gotta ''Squirt(then add picture of Purell or soap)....Before you get my Squirt''

I have a sign on the door telling people to take shoes off...and sanitize before coming in during the winter....My kids get sick constantly this time of year..So this helps head off the yucks.

Denise....I love that last one!!!!

Congrats!

First baby?

Thank you to your husband and your family for what your husband does.

Don't worry so much about this, babies are resilient and your baby will be just fine. If it makes you feel better, just have some hand sanitizer handy. Most people know that a new mom, especially first time mom, is a bit on the paranoid side and out of respect, go out of their way to show that they are clean.

I would hate to see you post a sign because people may laugh at you. As safe as I feel in my neighborhood, I would not advertise "new baby" anymore than I would put trash on the curb advertising that I just bought a TV, computer, etc.

Congratulations to you.

that should cover it. lol

1 / 3