Sick Smell Won't Go Away!

Hey there! So my daughter got a stomach bug this last week, and threw-up in a few places. One of those places was her carseat, and two other places are carpeted areas in my house. I have cleaned with Oxy Clean carpet cleaner and sprinkled baking soda then vacuumed. The smell is still in the carseat and the carpet! I would love to not have this smell in my house anymore! Any ideas on how to get rid of the smell? Oh, and also...her carseat cover is attached to her carseat, and it doesn't come off, so I can't just wash it! Thank you so much!

Thank you all so much!! I tried the vinegar, and followed up with febreeze, and it worked great! There were so many great suggestions. I should have known. Vinegar seems to be the solution to everything!!

Vinagar!!! it gets out any sort of odor I have found. Pee, Vomit...EVERYTHING!!! AND If just the vin doesnt work use the vin and baking soda combo. the reaction between the two things helps disolve all the junk!! and vinagar acts as a disinfectant as well!!

My son also got the same bug last week. We found that spraying 409 got the smell out. Even on the carpet.

There's a nasty bug going around. I hope she feels better!

my two girls and my husband had a bad case of the stomach flu last week.. for the car go back and clean with soap and warm water pull the seats up and get underneath.. if you can put the car seat cover in the washer.. but not the straps.. then go to a place like petsmart and buy natures miracle order remover.. it is natural enzymes remove the order.. so spray the car seat straps the floor of your car then when your car seat cover comes out of the washer lay it out and spray it.. a long time ago my I asked on this web site how to get urine smell out of a car seat.. and that is how I found out about this wonderful product.. I was even able to get red throw up slurpee out of my car.. oh sorry i just reread your post.. ok so since the cover wont go in the wash.. take warm water and soap or vinegar solution.. then after you re clean.. put natures miracle all over alot on the car seat.. set in a really warm place to dry... It took us 3 hours to fully clean our car out.. and we did it several times :)
Best of luck,

Kids N Pets is a great product. It does not need rinsing and does not have either a chemical or perfume smell. Safeway and Target have it.

Try Bio-Kleen Bac-Out. I get it at Fred Meyer, but it's also available at whole foods for a little more $$. We have a cat that throws up regularly (yes, he's being treated) but we still have to clean up ick at least weekly. This always works beautifully for us and as a bonus, it doesn't leave any sort of stain or mark. Our other cat got scared and peed on the couch on Christmas and we cleaned it right up with the Bac-Out and have had no odors since. It is safe around kids and pets and has a very nice lime scent.

Try using Febreeze. They have it for different problems, such as smoke scent, etc. I had a chest-of-drawers that had the fronts of the drawers padded with batting & material over that, really darling, but a smoker had had it. I got some Febreeze & since it was so bad, it took a few times of spraying it, but the smell did go away.

I use a enzyme product that works excellent. It's called Global Care Pet Magic that smells great with no vinegar smell to overcome. I've used it for milk spills in the car, to cat accidents on the carpet. I keep a bottle in the garage & two in the house. It completely takes care of the smell organically, not just covers up the smell.

Benefits:
·Uses enzymes to accelerate the breakdown of stains and odors
·Perfect for carpets, upholstered furniture, and drapery
·Absorbs even the toughest odors
·Spray in cat litter boxes, bird or gerbil cages, or horse stables
·Safe for use directly on animals as a deodorizes
·Helps eliminate carpet stains created by pet urine and fecal matter
·Non-toxic
·Environmentally friendly

http://www.marketamerica.com/kimkalin/index.cfm?action=sh...

Hope this helps!
Kimberly

Vinegar is also supposed to get smells out. It neutralizes them. Pour a little on then blot out with towels.

My daughetr threw up in her car seat once and we tried for hours to clean it out well enough to really feel like it was clean AND not have it smell anymore. Unfortunately nothing we did really worked and we ended up having to get a new one. There are too many nooks and cranys for the vomit to get into and remain smelly. As for your carpet at home, have you tried Febreez....lot's of Febreez??? If that doesn't work, you may need to get a steam cleaner and shampoo the area. That was the only thing that finaly worked on some pet stains that we had. Good luck!!

1 / 3