Showing Too Early in 2Nd Pregnancy

Hi Moms. I am only 5 1/2 weeks pregant (I think) and I look like I am already showing. We haven't told anyone yet, but I'm afraid someone will notice or ask. Is it common to start showing early the 2nd time around? With my first, it wasn't noticeable until about 4 or 5 months. I haven't gained any weight, but some of my old jenas don't fit. I guess I just need some reassurance. Thanks!

Hi S.. THe other moms are right, every pregnancy really is different so it's hard to gauge. I only showed early with my third pregnancy...twin girls! :)

Mother of 5 in 4 pregnancies here-Each pregnancy is different as each child is different. Don't be alarmed. You could just be giving birth to the next Jethro Pugh (see Dallas Cowboys history c. 1970's. He was huge.) Later

I did the same thing with this pregnancy (my 2nd)! I felt kinda funny already pulling out the maternity jeans so early, but my regular jeans were tight and uncomfortable. I didn't start gaining weight that early, but my stomach was definitely already changing shape. I talked to my friends and family about this, and they all told me this was normal. I had people asking how far along I was by the time I was 9 weeks.

Everyone is different. I didn't show with my first until around 7 months. With my 2nd I was showing at 2 months. I don't know if it was because my son was less than 2 months old when I got pregnant again or what. Doctor told us it was because my muscles/tissue didn't have time to 'repair' - they had no strength to 'hold' themselves in. He said it usually takes 8 months or more for all of the muscles, tissue & skin to shrink & be restored to their pre-pregnancy state. It didn't matter though, we were so thrilled. We wanted our children to be close - would love to have had twins. Alas, 'twas not to be. But for 12 days every year in July (from July 10 - July 22), we have twins.

It could also be the way you are carrying this one. I carried my son (our first) up high, so that, coupled with being the first pregnancy) was why I didn't show very early. But I carried my daughter down low so the first thing to show was my lower tummy and it was like that pretty much the whole 9 months.....gained less weight but was twice as big! (of course I had a 20-minute labor: start-to-finish - partly because of the 'loose' muscles....that was GREAT!!!!!)

You say you haven't told anyone yet, is there a particaulr reason why? Would it be a major problem if someone noticed and asked?

If you WANT to be pregnant, then it doesn't matter - enjoy it, be proud that you are able to be a part of God's miracle of life, shout it out to everyone!!!!!

If you didn't really want another child right now, then, well, I guess it really doesn't matter either - not much you can do about it now. So, relax - enjoy it - be proud! This just means you'll get to wear your maternity clothes a little longer.....(they've come a LONG way since I was pregnant!)

Hi S. -- I'm 6 1/2 months with my second pregnancy. I started wearing maternity clothing about 12 weeks along. My jeans/skirts didn't fit well any longer and I wanted to be comfortable. Yes, every pregnancy is different, but don't worry. YOU just be comfortable and enjoy. YOU do what you think and feel is right. Try not to worry too much about what everyone else says. Congratulations on the baby. May God keep you both safe.

I wouldn't worry one bit, honestly. It could be something as simple as your dates being off a little or if you are sure on those it could be that you are a very thin person(??). I have a friend that was showing with her pregnancy at 6 weeks and the doctor attributed it to the fact that she was very thin and had basically no ab muscles. I am quite sure you are just fine!! Relax and enjoy being pregnant. :)

Yes, it's different the second time around! My first - no maternity clothes until month 5 ---- my second - at 8 WEEKS! When I went to the doctor to confirm the pregnancy, even he wanted to go and have a look -- not to see if I werer pregnant (that was VERY obvious) - but "to see how many were in there." YIKES! As it turned out - it was just one, another precious daughter : )

Enjoy!

It's common to show earlier the second time around...your body remembers just what to do :-(. Good luck!

1 / 3