Shower

HI mommies! I have a 17 month old boy! throughout our day he is very active and Im lucky if I can ever get him down for a nap. So.... How am I supposed to take a shower???? I need to cuz I gotta get to work but he is just into everything!!! What do I do?

Don't people shower at night, before bed anymore? This seems like a foreign concept to many people I have talked to. I would never dream of getting into my clean bed at night with a dirty body. Ick. And for those occasions where two showers a day are called for, I would put my child in a playpen.

I put mine in a playpen or their crib. I never liked taking a shower with my babies they get too slippery and I was afraid of dropping them. Also when you get out of theshower you need to get them dryed and wrapped in a towel while you stand there all wet and freezing.

I had a playpen in my room and would leave the bathroom door open so that I could hear.

I would also get a shower in before hubby left for work. Even if that meant getting up at 3:30a.

I get up before my kids to make sure I get a shower in most days.......if they wake up early I'm screwed (as I sit here in my robe typing!)

Put him in his crib while you shower , or in his room with a gate across the door.

I shower before my 17 month old wakes or during her nap (after lunch), or just let her play in the bathroom while I am in there....

when my daughter was that young i'd have my parents watch her while i showered. if i was the only one home, she'd come in teh bathroom with me. we'd sing songs and play. take his favorite toy in there. my daughter loved playing peekaboo with teh shower curtain, lol. i can't put her in the shower with me because i like my water scalding hot. now that she's older i'll put on a movie for her to watch while i shower. but over half the time she'll end up in the bathroom cause i leave the door cracked just incase she needs me, lol

Gated area, playpen or crib would definitely NOT work for my 2 yr old escape artist Daughter! This kid has escaped out of everything! She can climb like a monkey! Best purchase I've ever made was a cheap little $30 high chair from Walmart that we keep in our bedroom for when it's my shower time. My Daughter gets a few little safe toys and treats on her tray and she is safely STRAPPED in while I take my shower:) If I really want to push it and blow dry my hair, I give her a mini slow melt popsicle (by the "popsicle" brand and found in every store, made for Toddlers) and that keeps her happy and occupied for another good 10 mins or so!

Put him in the shower with you. He wont stay in his crib I take it? If your bathroom is baby proofed you could just let him stay on the bathroom floor with some toys while you do a 5 minute shower with the bathroom door locked so he cant escape.
I see you are in Lomita.
I grew up in Harbor City :)

1 / 3