Should I take my 11 months old infant to Sesame Place?

Hi Moms,

I would really like to take my 11 month old son to Sesame Place this summer, but I'm not sure that it's age appropriate. He's already walking and likes to splash in water. Does anyone have any advice as to which age group this is better suited for and if it would be a waste of a trip to take him for even a few hours?

Summary

Some parents think it's a great place for their child, they did the package, but found that you really did not need more then one day there. While some parent think it's a waste of time for infant, as Sesame place is more dry rides and wet rides that he cannot ride and it just seems too expensive to go there for a day with things that he cant do yet and it is too long a day for him to tolerate.

Thanks everyone for all your advice! I have decided to wait until next year when my son will enjoy it more. I might not be able to convince my husband to go 2 years in a row!!! I think we'll be going to the Land of Make Believe instead. Thanks for all your suggestion!

I think Sesame Place is geared for children just a bit older. You could try Dutch Wonderland in Pennsylvania. It has many rides for toddlers and even a water section with mini pools and sprinklers galore! Go to their website and you can see what they have:

www.dutchwonderland.com

Have a great time whatever you decide to do!

I hate to say it but I think it is a waste, I recently looked into to taking my 9 month old daughter and for the price of the day and the things that they can do it realy is unreasonable. I was also looking through ticketmaster to see when sesame street live was coming and it gives a list of places and dates. That now is well worth the money spent for young and old. Sesame place is more dry rides and wet rides that he canno ride and it just seems too expensive to go there for a day with things that he cant do yet and it is too long a day for him to tolerate. Sorry to be negative but I wouldnt want you or him to have a bad day and waste all that money.

My sister in-law took her sons to Sesame Place when they were young and she told me our neices (who were 5 and 6 and the time) had way more fun than her 1 yr old son did. Partly because the young ones were frightened of the large Sesame characters roaming the park and of the loud shows.

Perhaps you should consider taking your son to Land of Make Believe: http://www.lomb.com/Attractions.html. I plan on going this weekend with my 3 yr old again. The whole park is geared towards little ones. It's very family oriented without all the loud hubbub of larger theme parks. They have a large wading pool for very young children, petting zoo, train ride that goes all through the park, free parking and inexpensive entrance fees, and good food. Maybe seeing how your son reacts to something more low-key before taking him to a large theme park is a better option while he's so young.

Have a great summer!
-M.

www.dutchwonderland.com

We took my then 18th month old last summer and he was a little too little for it then! Even though he did get to see and take pictures with ELMO!
I say if you really want to go, DO NOT go on the weekend--WAY too many people. You'll have a better time and get to do more things if you go during the week when less people are then, and the lines for ANYTHING won't be miles long.

hey kim,
i have a 3 year old daughter and have planned a trip to Sesame Place in just a few weeks. I did my research and also talked to other moms who have brought there kids. they said any kids from one and up would love this place. its very age appropriate and you can go on almost all of the rides with your son. the water park is also amazing i heard, your son would have a blast splashing around.
I dont know if you've checked out Sesame place's website but they offer package deals right on there site. thats where i booked our trip. 2 nights and tickets included as well as breakfast at the hotel all for 465. that i thought was a great deal.
hope this helps! check out the website.

<3jenna

p.s. i am a big greys anatomy fan too!!

I took my kids there years ago and not only was it expensive, but it's so tiny! There's not alot to do there!
It's not worth the long drive, the gas or the money.
Never went there again.

I say go for it! I too have an 11 month old and I really want to take her as well. I wondered the same thing, was she ready? While mine isn't walking yet, I think she would still enjoy taking in all the sites. But your son is walking and loves to splash in the water...even though he probably won't remember it, I think he'll still have fun. And how funny, that I very much enjoy sleeping any chance I get and also LOVE Grey's Anatomy , the outdoors, and can't even begin to tell you how many pictures I have of my little one!! LOL. So anyways, go to Sesame Place soon and let me know how much he enjoyed it!

When I first took my child to Sesame Place he was about 20 months and he had a blast. At your sons age they probably don't have much that he can do. However, there is things that you can do with him. They have Giant shapes that he can play with and jump on top of. They have slides that he can go on and other little things that he will be be able to do with you. I'm sure you will want to get him back when he gets a little older. My kids like it and is close to home.

1 / 3