Should I Refrigerate Molasses?

I just opened a bottle of molasses for a receipe and I'm not sure if I should refrigerate it. There isn't anything on the bottle to indicate if it should or not. So I thought who else would know but the ladies of mampedia! I'm positive that if I put it in the fridge that it will thicken up even more but I'm not sure if the pantry is too warm. So, should I refrigerate an open bottle of molasses or put it on the shelf in my pantry? Thanks in advance!

Only refrigerate it if you want to spend 10 years getting it out of the jar next time. :-)
Molasses are shelf stable. The pantry is fine!

If you refrigerate it, it will crystallize. place it in the pantry, tightly sealed in a cool dry place where it will not attract ants.

Mine is on my pantry shelf.

Put it on the shelf and forget about it until the next recipe! No refrigeration required.

no do NOT refrigerate it.

1 / 3